the 100% directionless thread

Angel

Paramedic
@9D4 I want a new(ish 2013-2015) ninja 300...I know VERY little about bikes and it seemed to be a good starter. Ill be taking a CHP class in April because its the only way ill learn.

Last edited:

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
@9D4 I want a new(ish 2013-2015) ninja 300...I know VERY little about bikes and it seemed to be a good starter. Ill be taking a CHP class in April because its the only way ill learn.

Id recommend going bigger, a few months on a 300 and youll want a 600, then youll want a 1000+ etc lol. I recommend getting a 600> engine for first bike, maybe something with a little less torque than a sportsbike.

For some reason Americans are intimidated by bigger engines- a 300 will kill you the same as a 1200cc= speed.

Here watch this if you like, I grew up watching these guys on our roads- balls of steel!

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Id recommend going bigger, a few months on a 300 and youll want a 600, then youll want a 1000+ etc lol. I recommend getting a 600> engine for first bike, maybe something with a little less torque than a sportsbike.

For some reason Americans are intimidated by bigger engines- a 300 will kill you the same as a 1200cc= speed.

Here watch this if you like, I grew up watching these guys on our roads- balls of steel!

Id disagree. I actually had started writing about how id recommend a ninja 300, then erased it to see what she was interested in before.
I like them.
It's funny you mention Americans are scared of them when we're one of the ones that don't have license restrictions, like most of Europe. ;)
The 300s a good bike. If it's just a fun bike, I don't see any reason why you would need more. You can easily get away with more, no doubt. Most people don't need to start with more, though.
They resell for almost exactly what you can buy one for, too.
Highest I would recommend is a Ninja 500. I started with a Ninja 650 and honestly I feel like a smaller bike would've been nice. Mainly in the weight aspect. I never realized that that bike was so hard to throw in a corner until I rode the Striple.
The lower cc bikes like the 300 don't have as much power, no. But they have the fun, "flickable" factor that I love.

Angel

Paramedic
the size is a concern, partly because im short and i dont want something too heavy to start with. I like the 500s but ill see (maybe) whatever we ride during the class and base it off that i guess. i have no issues with upgrading later on, the hardest part will be to just go through with it. I talked myself out of it last year, now here I am again.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
the size is a concern, partly because im short and i dont want something too heavy to start with. I like the 500s but ill see (maybe) whatever we ride during the class and base it off that i guess. i have no issues with upgrading later on, the hardest part will be to just go through with it. I talked myself out of it last year, now here I am again.
You'll probably use something along the lines of a Rebel 250. Those are a really common choice. And it's a parking lot class. So I wouldn't base it off that.
For me, it wasn't hard. I had no choice. Ninja was 40 a month for ins, my firebird was 320. It's kinda something you have to just do. I went out, bought it. Didn't have my endorsement, so had a friend test it. Now I'm obsessed.
I have a question. Were you the one that posted that you wanted a bf? I've seen plenty of guys at bike nights falling over the girl riders. Hahahhaa so there's always that benefit.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Here is a video of one of the racers that is always racing at our track:

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I thought the tracked looked familiar.

In other news, on saturday I got to go to the new thermal club raceway for the first time. Dude crashed his race spec ferrari into the wall around 60-80.

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
It's funny you mention Americans are scared of them when we're one of the ones that don't have license restrictions, like most of Europe. ;)

it was a broad generic statement really, obv doesnt apply to all! but
Here is a video of one of the racers that is always racing at our track:

love it, balls of steel

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
it was a broad generic statement really, obv doesnt apply to all! but
I know. I do agree with power restrictions to a limit. Not like theirs, but to an extent.

Anyways. Got my summer vacation request approved. Forum I'm on is having a gathering. Should be fun! 3 days at a campground in mid august. Supposedly some really good twisties in the area. Plus, I get to see Colorado. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 241

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I thought the tracked looked familiar.

In other news, on saturday I got to go to the new thermal club raceway for the first time. Dude crashed his race spec ferrari into the wall around 60-80.
That track is amazingly nice. You know it's fancy when the majority of people who race there fly in to the airport in their jet planes.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
That track is amazingly nice. You know it's fancy when the majority of people who race there fly in to the airport in their jet planes.
Reminds me of one I went to in southern az. They have 6 hangars for planes there, along with year round storage garages for 50+ cars. The owners apparently call ahead to make reservations and they have the cars prepped at that time.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Reminds me of one I went to in southern az. They have 6 hangars for planes there, along with year round storage garages for 50+ cars. The owners apparently call ahead to make reservations and they have the cars prepped at that time.
That's kind of like this track. It is on the back side of an airport. I think they are going to have around 200 garages with the most expensive ones being several millions of dollars.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I miss having a motorcycle. I really want a ZR7S or ER6N (Or a regular EX650)