the 100% directionless thread

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Jeez, mct. I was just looking back at your pics and in the last one you lost ATLEAST 14 balls.

I shoot that much in 2 games.

It always cracks me up before a game how many people just open up on random objects like a rock and tree. They shoot more paint before the game starts then I shoot all day.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
I'll admit that I easily go through 3-400 balls in a single game. The hopper carries 200 and I keep two 100 ball tubes on my belt. I shoot a ton. The barrel is only so accurate. A lot of it is shooting as quickly as you can and hope one of the balls hits the mark.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'll admit that I easily go through 3-400 balls in a single game. The hopper carries 200 and I keep two 100 ball tubes on my belt. I shoot a ton. The barrel is only so accurate. A lot of it is shooting as quickly as you can and hope one of the balls hits the mark.

I go out on the field with 15 on the marker, and about 20 extra on me. I'm not a fan of the spray and pray method :p

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
It depends on the game. If we're going to be out there for a while I take a PBMafia Joyride pack.

But typically I just take whats in my marker, and a tube in my mask strap, and that usually last me a couple of games.

mct601

RN/NRP
Craziness, I'm not used to this kind of conservation lol. Yea I was sloppy on my reload in that pic, that was my first time playing in like a year. but my games usually consist of a 200 round loader + 4 full pods depending on where I play. I don't shoot much if I'm in front, but if I'm playing back oh lord. You guys would go into cardiac arrest lol.

and I still have my marker, just not the funds to play. The funds I do get go into my bottomless pit that is my AR and 9mm, and now my 1911.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
When I went back to Michigan a few years ago, I met up with another paintballer at one of the local fiels, and him and I were the only pumpers. The field had about 60 people there that day.

Him and I were often the only 2 left on our team and as such were stuck doing the majority of the work. We also played a local D-2 team 3 on 2, and even when they cheated (and the onlookers saw it too) we still beat them... they weren't happy.

We both, shooting only pumps, shot more than 1000 that day. I still to this day don't know how.

mct601

RN/NRP
When I went back to Michigan a few years ago, I met up with another paintballer at one of the local fiels, and him and I were the only pumpers. The field had about 60 people there that day.

Him and I were often the only 2 left on our team and as such were stuck doing the majority of the work. We also played a local D-2 team 3 on 2, and even when they cheated (and the onlookers saw it too) we still beat them... they weren't happy.

We both, shooting only pumps, shot more than 1000 that day. I still to this day don't know how.

That's alot of pumping and alot of 12grams.

Cheating irritates me, especially when the team doing it is a big advocate against it and claims to be so good. We scrimmaged a team one weekend like that. We were practically a throw together that had 2-3 months of time, consisting of mostly unranked and D4 players while this team was about to make the move to D2. They said to play clean and no sideline coaching. They rolled us, like 14-2 or something ridiculous. We weren't bad, I knew something was wrong. They said "guys its just practice, don't worry". Well when I got home from Baton Rouge that day, I noticed they ALREADY had made a video and displayed it for the world to see of them pounding us. There's a catch- all through the vid you see them cheating and coaching. at the end the posted a "14-2" on the video. I was so pissed at the level of maturity by these guys.

then three months later they held a big practice at their field. 6-10 teams showed up, and all eyes were on the field. we knew they couldn't cheat now. we rolled them all day, one game of note I ran down the middle and personally took out their entire time. karma got them good.

8jimi8

CFRN
do you guys need a room so you can get your privacy?!

j/k!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
then three months later they held a big practice at their field. 6-10 teams showed up, and all eyes were on the field. we knew they couldn't cheat now. we rolled them all day, one game of note I ran down the middle and personally took out their entire time. karma got them good.

Go on Youtube and search for "Steve pump ownage", and that's me playing at my field a couple of years ago, totally dominating in a random game with my Trracer. I get to their 45 off the break.

I'd post it here as an imbed, but the cameraman drops the Fbomb.

mct601

RN/NRP
do you guys need a room so you can get your privacy?!

j/k!

We tried. We were evicted

Go on Youtube and search for "Steve pump ownage", and that's me playing at my field a couple of years ago, totally dominating in a random game with my Trracer. I get to their 45 off the break.

I'd post it here as an imbed, but the cameraman drops the Fbomb.

I'll do that after this 'Anglish class. Sounds pretty cool.

emt_angel25

Forum Lieutenant
happy thursday everyone!!! off to help some kiddos study for their NR and then to adjunct the new breed of EMT students. have a great day!

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
I just purchased a new IPhone.. I have been wanting one for sooo long! I love it so far.:p

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
It depends on the game. If we're going to be out there for a while I take a PBMafia Joyride pack.

But typically I just take whats in my marker, and a tube in my mask strap, and that usually last me a couple of games.

How do you like the Joyride? I use one of the Ronin runs that was capless. It works pretty well for every game I've ever played with it. I also sometimes use a wrist holder too.

EDIT: Cause I don't remember names of brands :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I've had Ronin wrist harnesses, Ronin suspender style, the Ronin Flipped Out, Ronin Stock Class pack, generic wrist harnesses, the PBMafia leg harness, and the Joyride. I've enjoyed the PBMafia ones the most.

Mine doesn't have any of the 12g loops on it, but I just toss 1 in a pocket and I'm fine. It holds 15 tubes, which is enough to last me all day easily. You don't even notice it on your back even after a full day, it's light, and even 2 years later it's velcro still grabs and the capless points still hold the tubes snugly. It's rather expensive for a paintball harness, but it holds tough.

I'd recommend it.

I was thinking of buying some of their wrist harnesses as there are times where I just want a couple of tubes max.

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider
I like my 44. Usually only need 1 but if bored might use 2. :wacko:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I like my 44. Usually only need 1 but if bored might use 2. :wacko:

I see your .44 and raise you 10mm :p

But on the paintball front, I finally took my phantom apart to see why it was leaking... My valve spring is rusted... Rusted?! The damn thing has never seen water before. But I guess between that and flecks of rust in the cup seal, it would explain why it's leaking. Now to order a rebuild kit for it. I guess I'll use the SL-68II or the PGP for games tomorrow

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I've had Ronin wrist harnesses, Ronin suspender style, the Ronin Flipped Out, Ronin Stock Class pack, generic wrist harnesses, the PBMafia leg harness, and the Joyride. I've enjoyed the PBMafia ones the most.

Mine doesn't have any of the 12g loops on it, but I just toss 1 in a pocket and I'm fine. It holds 15 tubes, which is enough to last me all day easily. You don't even notice it on your back even after a full day, it's light, and even 2 years later it's velcro still grabs and the capless points still hold the tubes snugly. It's rather expensive for a paintball harness, but it holds tough.

I'd recommend it.

I was thinking of buying some of their wrist harnesses as there are times where I just want a couple of tubes max.

I have to admit, I've been eying their leg pack since my Ronin is still holding up very well. Might buy both eventually though

mct601

RN/NRP
Whew, dodged the tornado outbreak today. Unfortunately there are people who did not fare as well... praying for them.