the 100% directionless thread

MedicSparky

Forum Probie
Any ideas on how to remove hundreds of microscopic almost invisible fiberglass splinters from my arms? I was putting up an old fiberglass basketball backboard and now I am in lots of pain.......

If you're willing to deal with pulled hairs duct tape works

reaper

Working Bum
Any ideas on how to remove hundreds of microscopic almost invisible fiberglass splinters from my arms? I was putting up an old fiberglass basketball backboard and now I am in lots of pain.......

Cold shower and let water run down arms.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks you two. I thought maybe since a credit card works on a bee sting it would work here, after 15 minutes I gave up.

Duct tape worked wonders and although it hurt like heck for a while, I'm good now.

Reaper, are you serious? Or are you just seeing if I am gulible (sp?) enough to get into the cold shower? (Which I am:blush:) I don't know if it helped with the splinters any, but it fixed the burning from haveing the duct tape rip my hair out.^_^

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Nah he's not really seeing if you're gullible. Cold water will make your hair stand on end and help get rid of the glass bits.

I'm itching to move already. Should be leaving early tomorrow morning, but my exit interview from the hospital is holding me up

reaper

Working Bum
Plus, hot water will make the pores open and allow the glass fibers to enter deeper. Cold water helps wash them off, with out getting trapped in the pores.

Hell, I hate cold showers more then anyone, but it does the trick!

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Betadine your arms

It will disinfect the foreign objects and their tracks, and make remaining ones more visible.
Which, since you can't remove them, will only depress you.

If you are jusing a tub/shower, might want to clean it out real well before that next bath.....:ph34r:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Linus, sorry about the N/V!

Sounds like food poisoning, could be rotavirus etc. Keep up those fluids, and that CAN include a little Pearl, Buckhorn or Bluestar.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Thanks mycrofft. I would have started an IV on myself since I would throwup anytime I'd try to drink, but I had no IV fluids :p

Well... tomorrow is my skills testing day. I'm more nervous over this than the written portion. :ph34r:

EmmaSlim09

Forum Lieutenant
Had a good day but glad it's over with.

Time to dress down, wash face, brush teeth, crawl into bed and not go to sleep, even though I'd really like to. I just can never go to sleep when I want to.

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
Woke up at 630 this morning throwing up. Proceeded to vomit all day barely able to keep water down.

Ditto with my mom and my brother. Now my sister and dad have whatever it is.

We don't live together, and none of us ate the same food for the past few days. Talk about totally random.

One of our first responders had it too. Lasted about a day and then he felt better.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Damn... Raton Pass is closed... That means getting INTO CO with my truck and trailer loaded down isn't going to be happening right now... I'm tired of delays... I want to be moved already :(

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hey, who am I to argue with a doctor... 200 years before my time or not? :p

I think that was the barber saying that :p

EDIT: And looking at your training, congrats!

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Butteryfly Butteryfly Butteryfly Butteryfly Butteryfly Butteryfly Butteryfly

JPINFV

Gadfly
May God have mercy on the state of Texas. :D

8jimi8

CFRN
May God have mercy on the state of Texas. :D

pfft.

May the great Republic grant him a license and welcome one more PROFESSIONAL on the line beating back the forces of death. Congrats again Linuss!