Thanksgiving

Indy

Forum Crew Member
Hot call went out tonight-

Apartment Fire. Box 14, 15. Engine 114, Engine 111, Engine 115, Engine 112, Aerial 112, Ladder 3, Medic 114, Battalion 11.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Hot call went out tonight-

Apartment Fire. Box 14, 15. Engine 114, Engine 111, Engine 115, Engine 112, Aerial 112, Ladder 3, Medic 114, Battalion 11.

Sounds like fun! Well for all of us who work fire :p not sure about about the guys and gals who just work EMS. B)

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
It was absolutely dead today, especially when I came in at 1400 - people were too busy stuffing their faces to get in any trouble I suppose. Then as the night went on it seemed the drunk folks started driving home. Still less busy than the average weekday evening.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
It was absolutely dead today, especially when I came in at 1400 - people were too busy stuffing their faces to get in any trouble I suppose. Then as the night went on it seemed the drunk folks started driving home. Still less busy than the average weekday evening.

Today since 0000:
21 EMS Calls for the county, 7 als rigs (ambulances)
5 Fire Calls (all false alarms), 12 stations
175 calls for the county, this includes Law!!

Typical day at this time

35-40 EMS Calls for the County
10-15 Fire type Calls for the county!
300 total calls for the County including Law!

Last Year Thanksgiving:
50+ EMS Calls
5 Active Structure Fires, and probably 15+ False Alarms
almost 400 total calls for the county..

if i remember right...

Right now its 2220 my time!!!

OP
OP
ZombieEMT

ZombieEMT

Chief Medical Zombie
Premium Member
Wow! What a night!

The night actually turned out to be very slow for the holiday, we only ran two calls where we would normally run five or six. However, the highlight of the evening was the first of the two calls that turned in to a CPR save, which was an amazing experience for my first cardiac arrest.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Total of twelve calls for my service... I ran on ten of them... going back to bed :)

WVEmt

Forum Crew Member
0 calls yesterday. the other crew in my station went out on a medic assist and got canceled right down the road. fire departments were busy though

ShannahQuilts

Forum Crew Member
Our fire department had some minor excitement. A tree next door to us broke in the wind, causing a downed branch onto power lines. (While it was maybe technically a branch, it was so large it really was like the trunk of a smallish tree.)

The electric company responded quickly, but firefighters secured the scene to keep folks from being electrocuted, should the line give way.

Didn't take long to fix. Hearing the branch fall was scary, though.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
our station ended with 1 call. Medcis/ 22 calls. And total of 6 fire calls for the county.

it was a er slow quiet night. Even with thanksgiving... :rolleyes:

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Why people do that is beyond me. It is like you are wanting your house to burn down lol

Why they do that inside is beyond me. Deep fried turkeys are the best, but ya gotta do it outside.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Why they do that inside is beyond me. Deep fried turkeys are the best, but ya gotta do it outside.

Although if you do take it outside, just watch out for overhead branches and the like :p I've seen at least one house that burned down a couple turkey days ago that the fire started on the outside

WVEmt

Forum Crew Member
Why people do that is beyond me. It is like you are wanting your house to burn down lol

we fried ours at the station. from what i heard over the radio it wasnt so much people frying them as it was cooking them in the oven.