Texas folks

Pamela

Forum Crew Member
Just a little bored tonight and sittin around. Do I have any Texas people here? Anyone working in the Austin area? Those that are on the Texas coast are yall ready for the hurricane? I'm south of Austin and they still think we're gonna get hit pretty hard. Sigh. Yall be safe.

CENTXEMT

Forum Ride Along
I am in the Austin area(south Williamson county) but not working. I have not worked since my youngest was born. I am not sure how bad it will be up here, personally I don't think it will be that bad.

KempoEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Everybody In Hurricane Country BE SAFE

rj1059

Forum Ride Along
I here in houston. So far so good. Thoughts and prayers appreciated. Tomorrow will probably be nuts.

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
Welcome rj!!

Everyone down there in Hurricane Alley take care today and tomorrow. Thoughts and prayers are with you!

KempoEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Landfall

SO Ike made landfall, Or so I hear. I try not to watch the news, Too depressing. Anyway, How is everyone fairing. I understand that most people in Texas will be unable to answer for a while, but I hope ya'll are doing well, and staying safe. My best to everyone.

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
I am not from Texas but I will be in Texas for a wedding in November, does that count, lol. How is the weather in Texas in November?

OP
OP
Pamela

Pamela

Forum Crew Member
Since I moved back to Texas in 05 I think they talk up every hurricane that's come through and then it doesn't even rain where I am. Wtf. I'm actually in San Marcos and I had my roommate's family with us because they're from Houston. We had 8 people, 4 dogs, and bird in my apartment. Ugly.

firemedic7982

Forum Lieutenant
Holllllly Crap!

The hurricane kicked our ***. Still 2.5 million without power / water. The city smells like rotting garbage, trees down everywhere. It really is depressing in certain areas. Not to mention Ive been at work for 5 days now.