Texas based, 24 Hour Refresher

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
My NREMT expiration is still a year off but I keep busy with school so am trying to keep track of what I need to do, since this will be my first time around. I am getting the first 48 through my BS in Athletic Training that is in progress. The remaining 24 can then be done by a traditional 24 hour refresher or a total of 24 hours meeting the specific topic requirements. My question is, what is the more "efficient" method of doing this? I would love to not spend $250 on a course from that EMS & Fire site, but also don't want to be chasing hours, and obviously don't want to risk failing an audit because of accreditation issues. Can the last 24 truly be done online? I would love this, especially self paced. Any recommendations? Those of you in Texas, any brick and mortar recommendations?

Thanks!

OP
OP
O

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Bumping this to invoke a response. I've found various websites offering 24 hour courses that are instructor based and F5 and accredited and all the fine print to be NREMT worthy, but prices range from $100-$300, which is concerning. What do y'all do for your 24 hour refresher? Or does no one maintain their NREMT? :p

RefriedEMT

Forum Lieutenant
IDK about Texas but...I think the best way to maintain NREMT is to get a job(affiliation) as an emt and have the company that you work for allow you to take classes through them which I assume they will pay for the classes for you and might even pay you to take them although I am not entirely sure if they will pay you for them. If you cant get the classes done in time then you can simply re-take the NREMT national exam w/o any refresher or continuing education.