Tested for new job

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Well, it has been an interesting week to say the least.

I went and tested for a new job with the Department of Corrections as a Correctional Officer. All I have left is the interview with the shrink, and will hopefully start on October 11th. I will be working in a minimum security prison that will probably be expanding in the next to years to a medium security prison. During the expansion, they are planning on adding an additional 600-700 staff members!

I'm hoping that with my EMT certifications, I will be able to get on the ERT (Emergency Response Team) as the medic. In case you didn't know it, my dream job is to be a paramedic on an ERT. (Way cool!)

Oh yeah, the job will pay a dollar an hour more than I currently make, and is approximately 5 miles closer to my house. It will start out as intermittent (on call) and probably go to full time within six months. I will have to go the the maximum security prison in the state for a five week training course, and that will be all full time hours.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Congrats, and GREAT!

I was watching the Green Mile a few nights ago, and my roomate commented "That would be the world's best job." I could never see myself working in a prison, but to each their own!

Let us know how it goes!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Congrats!!

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
Congrats on the job and good luck with getting on the ERT!

But I have to agree with matt on the prison job. I used to put 'em in. I don't want to babysit them (anymore).