Teflon Don

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
A few of you might remember I was charged with 77/55 mph zone (reckless) a while back. Well I am happy to announce that the charge was reduced to 70/55! I hate courts so I was scared but I managed to convince the judge to knock it down, yippeee!!! I get to keep my job, yippeee!!! I even went over and chatted with Capt. Asswipe who gave me the ticket. Anyway, no more speeding for me, I've learned my lesson.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
That's awesome! So what was your strategy? Did you play the "I want to keep my job" card, the "I see the consequences of speeding as a medic" card, or the "I don't want to end up in federal PMITA prison" card?

I always wondered what I'd do if I got pulled over.

OP
OP
G

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
I played the tried and true "I want to keep my job" card with a "I want to continue to serve the public" card slipped in for good measure. You got to really watch out in NC, there, a reckless conviction means automatic license for 15 days if I remember correctly.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Congratulations!

OP
OP
G

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
thanks Jon...

What I meant in my earlier post was a reckless driving conviction in NC means automatic license suspension for 15 days (I think)

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Mistakes are how we grow; just heed the lessons. Glad things worked out in your favor...

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Driving in NC is just plain absurd. These 55 MPH speed limits on freeways are just idiotic. I make myself put on the cruise control and just coast along. I'm too tempted to gun it.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Driving in NC is just plain absurd. These 55 MPH speed limits on freeways are just idiotic. I make myself put on the cruise control and just coast along. I'm too tempted to gun it.
My area has several "superhighways" with 55MPH... I agree it is a pain to drive on them... Then again, I know where MOST of the speedtraps are, and where I could, in theroy, get away with doing 70 or 80 in a 55... ;) (not that I ever speed, or anything).

Last edited by a moderator:

brentoli

Forum Crew Member
PMITA prison for 22 over. Ouch... I would rather embezzle a few hundred thousand dollars and then let my office burn down...
er

OP
OP
G

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief

I couldn't agree more, same here. And we all know who really causes accidents most of the time, it's these idiots that zigzag in and out of traffic recklessly and tailgate.

OP
OP
G

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
Here's another issue that upsets me. I drive on a major road to school everyday. The traffic is crazy, especially during rush hour. Every damn day, traffic is backed up for miles because of some stupid fender-bender. Traffic is increasing exponentially (at least it feels this way) every few years and their solution is to put up more and more traffic lights instead of overpasses. I'm shaking now so I'm going to lie down for a while...

gradygirl

TROUBLE
My area has several "superhighways" with 55MPH... I agree it is a pain to drive on them... Then again, I know where MOST of the speedtraps are, and where I could, in theroy, get away with doing 70 or 80 in a 55... ;) (not that I ever speed, or anything).

Wow, Atlanta driving to a T. It's a joke to think that anyone's gonna drive 55 in Atl, just doesn't happen. You can be going 75 and still have people passing you on the left AND the right. Purely ridiculous.

And Congratulations! Definitely been pulling for you through this whole thing.

emtwannabe

Forum Lieutenant
Aint it the truth, TCERT!!!!! Especially in Henry County, where I live! I-75 south and and northbound, any time of day. GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!:wacko:

Jeff

fyrdog

Forum Lieutenant
Congrats it good to hear that the judge would work with you. Now just drive smart and you 'll be good!