Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
Anyone see it, it's pretty good, it's on A&E

OP
OP
G

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
it's a show about teens who are members of a volunteer fire and ems department in alaska, way way way out in the middle of nowhere. They have 1 ambulance but they mostly use those snow machines (i forget what they're called) to get around. Their chief is also their dispatcher, instructor, and driver. Their protocols are pretty cool. For example, when someone goes into cardiac arrest, they work on the pt until all of their drugs are gone, then they quit...that's their protocol.

Also saw patch adams for the first time today on tv and I've been reading about the real patch adams on the internet...any thoughts? He's radical, but you have to admit, he has some neat ideas about healthcare.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Have not seen the show.. but in Alaska anything can go. They have had tribal first repsonders for years that operate by color coded s/s and treatment according to symptom per color. All these responders have very little to no formal training.

Pathc Adams movie is good, however; after seeing several interviews with the real Patch Adams I feel that he is more than a ..."little out there".. If you recall where he initially obtained his "vision"...

R/r 911

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Patch Adams is AWSOME!

as for the show - is it REAL, "reality TV" or a TV show?