Teen "Repellant" (not EMS)

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Intresting idea...perhaps an aid for law enforcement???

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24280571/wid/11915829?GT1=40006

NEW YORK - A wall-mounted gadget designed to drive away loiterers with a shrill, piercing noise audible only to teens and young adults is infuriating civil liberties groups and tormenting young people after being introduced into the United States

Santell said the noise can be heard by animals and babies, but is bothersome only to children older than 12 and becomes unbearable after several minutes, making it a perfect teen-repellent.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24280571/wid/11915829?GT1=40006

seanm028

Forum Lieutenant
They've turned that trick around on us...

When I was in high school, I had some friends who used that noise as their cell phone ring tone because teachers couldn't hear it going off in class.

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
Hmm...Assualt

Assault is often defined to include not only violence, but any physical contact with another person without their consent.

In most jurisdictions, the intention to cause grievous bodily harm (or its equivalent) may amount to the mental requirement to prefer a charge of murder in circumstances where the harm inflicted upon the victim proves fatal. In England and Wales, this fact was criticised by Lord Edmund-Davies in

Hm...i'm not consenting to have my ears harmed, and this would be causing bodily harm. And lets say for some reason this sound gave me a seizure and i fell and died who would be held responsible. I guess what im trying to say is how do we know that this would be 100% safe for every one?

firecoins

IFT Puppet
When I was in high school, I had some friends who used that noise as their cell phone ring tone because teachers couldn't hear it going off in class.

were you in high school this morning or something?

when i was in high school, we used sound to keep adults away. It was garbage we often referred to as music.

Ops Paramedic

Forum Captain
Hmmm...can i mount it on my vehicle, for all those annoying pedestrians that supposedly dont see you??

Sounds like a good idea, but is it such a problem that you can't just tell them to leave? We have a whistle mounted on our vehicles that is designed to chase/detur bucks/deers that can cross your path while driving. Great for the rural setting, but in town, they don't roam free, infact there aren't any. I try to avoid driving past the zoo!!

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
The best teen repellant I ever found was to start a project around the house.. those boys would scatter to the far ends of the earth immediately.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
They've turned that trick around on us...

I've got a friend who had that as a ringtone... worked much better than vibrate on ambulance calls, etc... very few people heard it.

JPINFV

Gadfly
The guy that invented the teen repellent/adult-proof cellphone ring won an Ig Nobel prize in 2006.

kayrules5340

Forum Probie
wow, that was annoying, both my parents couldn't hear it, i can still hear it and it has been 10 minutes since i played it.

paramedix

Forum Lieutenant
Hmmm...can i mount it on my vehicle, for all those annoying pedestrians that supposedly dont see you??

Sounds like a good idea, but is it such a problem that you can't just tell them to leave? We have a whistle mounted on our vehicles that is designed to chase/detur bucks/deers that can cross your path while driving. Great for the rural setting, but in town, they don't roam free, infact there aren't any. I try to avoid driving past the zoo!!

I second that.... Those whistles the that our fleet placed on the vehicles are BS. lol lol lol:wacko: