Tattoos

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
As being someone without any tattoos, and without any plans on getting a tattoo, I can only offer advice that seems logical to me. Wait a few years, and put a lot of thought into what you REALLY want on your arm (or location of your choice) for the rest of your life. If you want a random deceased guys name tattooed on your arm for all of eternity (or the life of your skin at least), then more power to you.

My personal opinion on the subject was that it just seems a little tacky. It's great that you helped out, and that you're so interested in this career, but don't let it consume your life. Yes it's a traumatic experience, and there's no problem mourning him, but it's probably something that a lot of people may find troubling.

OP
OP
Oculuck

Oculuck

Forum Crew Member
Alright guys... i get it.
Ill wait a while before i get any ink.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
nah, just do it man! Although I am completing 2 full sleeves myself, non of work has anything to do with EMS.

OP
OP
Oculuck

Oculuck

Forum Crew Member
nah, just do it man! Although I am completing 2 full sleeves myself, non of work has anything to do with EMS.

From the feedback I am getting, I am the only one on the site/planet that actually likes it.
Why get something you will get ridiculed for.

OP
OP
Oculuck

Oculuck

Forum Crew Member

Post some pictures of your sleeves btw, I want to see them.

Zeroo

Forum Crew Member
Do you routinely wear short sleeves to interviews? Short sleeves in an interview is a pretty good reason why one may not be getting a job as well.

If they can't see them they don't know about them. I don't see the problem...I don't see any reason why you would be talking about your tattoos in an interview either...

Sorry I was sort of unclear about what I said. Obviously if its covered up it doesn't matter. I was just saying I am pretty sure if the tattoos are seen and it looks like you have a lot any employer would be discouraged from hiring you. The person that I made my statement to had said it doesn't matter that they show etc etc and he is getting sleeves. I am sure it matters before you get hired. Anyways everyone is different and all companies are different. Maybe some don't care but I am sure a lot do care if they see them during the interview.

OP
OP
Oculuck

Oculuck

Forum Crew Member

truetiger

Forum Asst. Chief
A friend of mine got an EMS tattoo, first thought that entered my mind upon seeing it was "what a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:."

OP
OP
Oculuck

Oculuck

Forum Crew Member
A friend of mine got an EMS tattoo, first thought that entered my mind upon seeing it was "what a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:."

Well, what did he get?

truetiger

Forum Asst. Chief
An ekg tracing with a star of life in the middle. Bottom line is most people will look at any EMS tattoo and probably think the same thing.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
An ekg tracing with a star of life in the middle. Bottom line is most people will look at any EMS tattoo and probably think the same thing.

Couldn't agree more. OP if EMS really does end up becoming your career, do you really want the name of one dead guy on your body when part of EMS is dealing with the dead? He's not the first or last person you'll have a personal connection with.

Mad Max

Forum Probie
I feel a little strange letting my first post be in reply to such a personal matter, inserting my two cents and all, but I look at it this way. From the way that you've described things, this moment in your life is indelibly etched into your memory, there's no way you're going to forget it, why then, do you need a constant reminder of it? Now, I'm not going to say you shouldn't have a wicked cool EMS tattoo, but give it some time, find something unique to yourself, and consider something that focuses a little more on the hope of life, other than a singular moment of death.

OP
OP
Oculuck

Oculuck

Forum Crew Member
I feel a little strange letting my first post be in reply to such a personal matter, inserting my two cents and all, but I look at it this way. From the way that you've described things, this moment in your life is indelibly etched into your memory, there's no way you're going to forget it, why then, do you need a constant reminder of it? Now, I'm not going to say you shouldn't have a wicked cool EMS tattoo, but give it some time, find something unique to yourself, and consider something that focuses a little more on the hope of life, other than a singular moment of death.

Amazing first post.. thanks for the advise. :)
Oh, and welcome to the forum. :)

Steveb

Forum Lieutenant