Summer!

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Happy summertime everyone!!:beerchug: Anna;)

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
pssh... Summertime started in March for us in Florida. LOL

MRE

Forum Captain
Still waiting for summer at my house. Top of a mountain in Western MA. Thinking it might be here in a week or two.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Yep.. summer all right. The lines at the gas stations and grocery stores are getting longer and longer. The RV's are clogging up the highways and the trauma call numbers go up.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Amen!

Summer is nice... it means EMS shorts!

Alexakat

Forum Lieutenant
Ahhhgh...the humidity! I thought I escaped that when I moved to VA from FL!? Not a chance...wish we could wear EMS shorts!

lipglossed

Forum Crew Member
Yep.. summer all right. The lines at the gas stations and grocery stores are getting longer and longer. The RV's are clogging up the highways and the trauma call numbers go up.

Try living in Alaska, during "tourist season" You can't go 30 seconds without seeing an RV, and some are in caravans! And the driving here is horrible to begin with, people cutting others off, slamming on their breaks because they forgot their turn. Then add the massive amounts of tourists and RVers.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Try living in Alaska, during "tourist season" You can't go 30 seconds without seeing an RV, and some are in caravans! And the driving here is horrible to begin with, people cutting others off, slamming on their breaks because they forgot their turn. Then add the massive amounts of tourists and RVers.

Around here, 'tourist season' makes people want to shoot them.

lipglossed

Forum Crew Member
Around here, 'tourist season' makes people want to shoot them.

I have actually seen bumper stickers that say "Why's it called 'tourist season' if we can't shoot them?!"

:D

Jay114

Forum Crew Member

I live in a serious tourist destination on the coast of northeastern Massachusetts, and we get tourists like the beach has sand. What you just said about Alaska sounds like here. I must admit I never thought about hordes of crazy tourists in Alaska.

Last edited by a moderator:

lipglossed

Forum Crew Member
I live in a serious tourist destination on the coast of northeastern Massachusetts, and we get tourists like the beach has sand. What you just said about Alaska sounds like here. I must admit I never thought about hordes of crazy tourists in Alaska.

Well, the summertime in Alaska is the most beautiful thing I've seen. Especially here in Anchorage. We have the huge office buildings in the downtown area, and you have the backdrop of the Mountains and the clear blue sky. If I can find a picture, I'll post one. Heck, I'll stand on my front door step and take one.

Jay114

Forum Crew Member
I'd love to see a picture! I have no doubt Alaska is beautiful, summer or not. just never pictured traffic and being cut off and such. Course, idiot drivers are everywhere!

lipglossed

Forum Crew Member
OP
OP
Airwaygoddess

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Chimpie, pass the Mai Tai's!!:)B):)

lipglossed

Forum Crew Member

DocHoliday

Forum Probie
Love summer

I love working durning the summer. Watching all those people going to the beach here in San Diego while I have to work. What a great time it is. And yes you do sence a alittle sarcasm. :glare:

OP
OP
Airwaygoddess

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Ah Doc, you will have your moment in the sun!! B)