Stupid **** your partner has said/done

IDrago

Forum Probie
Post some of the things you've seen a partner do that left you shaking your head.

Partner asks a pt with obvious cognitive disabilities (whose baseline is snorting and grunting) if she has pain.

Later attempted to have a post cva pt with rt sided hemiparesis sign transport documentation... Twice.

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
The current two I'm not letting my partner (who is otherwise an extremely intelligent, competent, professional who I'm only 99% sure never visits this forum) live down:

1) Asked Pt's daughter if Pt. spoke English, daughter replies "She is. She's Scottish." (A not very thick accent I might add.)

2) Asked blind Pt. when grabbing his toothbrush to bring to the hospital what colour it is. Then thirty seconds later, "Do you want a book or magazine to bring to the hospital for the wait?" To which he responded, "No thanks, I'm probably okay."

She looked up at me after that second one and said, so how long will you be reminding me of this one?

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Later attempted to have a post cva pt with rt sided hemiparesis sign transport documentation... Twice.
Why not sign with the left hand?

Grozler

Forum Crew Member
Not patient care related but a partner once told me calling a woman "sugar tits" was a legitimate compliment.

OP
OP
IDrago

IDrago

Forum Probie
Same partner once asked me what is the opposite of tachycardia.
694.png

ERDoc

Forum Asst. Chief
Maybe we should merge this with the stupid things you've said thread in the humor section?

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Was on a BLS call one time and my partner was getting report from the RN infront of the pt. Pt had obvious BKA. The nurse states he is there due to "BKA". First thing he says is "i also notice the pt has had his leg removed"

Martyn

Forum Asst. Chief
One partner upon leaving a hospice patient at a hospice regularly said "Hope you get better soon"

Another asked patients ALL the questions on our PCR including asking white patients if they had sickle cell anemia (before anyone says so I know those of mediterranean extraction can have it).

ERDoc

Forum Asst. Chief
I once had a partner who had the following conversation with a very apologetic drunk woman. His statement didn't come out the way he meant it to:
Drunk: I'm so sorry I am bothering you guys. Oh god, you guys probably hate me
Partner: Ma'am, you can't make me hate you more than I already do.

And another partner talking with a woman with hemorrhoids:
Pt: I have a friend who had surgery for her hemorrhoids. She says it really helped but it wasn't much fun
Partner: Well, nothing fun really happens in that area anyway.

countryboy1871

Forum Probie
Almost got in a fist fight with me because I emptied the ice cooler on the truck I was checking after he had already emptied it without telling me. Then proceeded to throw 5 buckets of ice on the floor before storming out back. My chief asked why he could hear his asst. chief yelling through a concrete wall. I told him what happened and all he did was go back into his office...

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Almost got in a fist fight with me because I emptied the ice cooler on the truck I was checking after he had already emptied it without telling me. Then proceeded to throw 5 buckets of ice on the floor before storming out back. My chief asked why he could hear his asst. chief yelling through a concrete wall. I told him what happened and all he did was go back into his office...

Sounds like that person needs to be fired and lose their cert!

countryboy1871

Forum Probie
Sounds like that person needs to be fired and lose their cert!
That's not even the worst thing this person has done this month. I'm on the verge of quitting but Im not sure what my next move should be, or if I even want to stay in this career because this department.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
That's not even the worst thing this person has done this month. I'm on the verge of quitting but Im not sure what my next move should be, or if I even want to stay in this career because this department.
File a report with the EMS and Fire board.