Study and Prep for NREMT

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
Dont jump down my throat. I did use the search feature and read through dozens and dozens of any kind of remotely related thread to find what I was looking for. Now I'm at my last resort.. posting.

I took all the avaliable quizzes/reviews that I found around in those threads and they all seemed really way too easy. My instructor's exams were ten times harder. I know he said that he structured them to prepare us for NR, he was always saying that. And he wanted us to test for NR as soon as we finished the course. So basically I'm weighting any practice by his exams. If its easier then his exam I feel its not a very good tool. I wonder if that means my instructor just over taught the crap out of us? :lol:

Do ya'll have any sites that you used that you felt was helpful and accurate for the NREMT?

I've done just about all of them (the free ones) and do plan to read my book again.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
the NREMT isn't very hard. alot of teachers say "if you can ace my tests the NREMT will be cake."

If you did well in his class, continue to review what you feel to be your weakest areas, and enjoy a little break before your exam.

good luck

hottrotter18

Forum Probie
If you did well in his class, continue to review what you feel to be your weakest areas, and enjoy a little break before your exam.

Exactly. Don't try to cram every bit of information onto your head days before the exam. Review briefly a few days before and then just put the book down.
you know what you need to know already from class, so dont stress over it

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
My experience with the national registry test for EMT-Bs was that studying or reviewing provided little to no help on the test. It was more of a test of making sure your thought process lined up with theirs than actual trivia from the book. It was a very "you know it by now or you don't" test in my opinion.

OP
OP
B

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
Fortunately I'm pretty strong in scenarios/critical thinking/recognizing problems, on top of all the book stuff. I have my instructors to think for the first part, they were always throwing crazy stuff at us out of no where. lol. Thanks guys. :)

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
I know I've preached this to the point of annoyance, but make sure you know those skill sheets upside down and backwards...