stuck door on pl custom

jordanfstop

Forum Lieutenant
hey lot

just curious if any of you have any ideas on how to get a stuck compartment door open on a pl. i imagine some of you have had this problem before, as it's reoccuring with us. what the deal is we bought new stairchairs a few years back and in the front driver's side backboard compartment is the only place the newer stairchairs will fit with this particular bus (can't remember the year of the box.) the passenger rear compartment door is the usual spot we place it in the other rigs, however it needs to be hollowed out which we just haven't gotten around to. somebody placed the stairchair in the compartment wrong so now it's pressing up against the door. usually when this happens a little pressure on the door 2/3 of the way up and opening it will get it open. however, it's just not budging now. the handle will open fully, but the door doesn't budge... and yes, it's unlocked ;)

any of you ever had this problem and resolved it without taking it to your dealer?

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Okay, what is a pl ?

I would imagine that one would have to take it to a body shop and have them pop it.

R/r 911

NJN

The Young One
I believe they mean a rig made by PL customs in Manasquan, NJ. Frankly as far as i know all of ours came from VCI. Sorry cant help.

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
yeah i got the same question, what is a Pl?

EMTBandit

Forum Lieutenant
This is a PL. http://www.plcustom.com/

We have PL rigs and have a few issues with them ourselves. Like you mentioned, we have an issue with one of our compartment doors ourselves. It's closed, but the caution light on the dash keeps telling us it's opened sometimes and makes that annoying beeping sound. And on our other bus the center console doesn't light up all the time. With our next rig I really hope we go with a Horton or something better than a PL.

As far as I can figure your going to have to take it to the dealer to get it re-opened if you can't do it yourself. Sorry I couldn't help.

EMTBandit

Forum Lieutenant
Yupp, thats the exact problem we have. Like I said, I really hope our next ambulance is something better lol, we have so many problems with those things.