Stryker Pro series

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
You can also "unload" the stretcher by pulling the little red lever... that saves battery life, and the hydraulic strut keeps it from hot-dropping.

If it isn't going up all the way... you really should have a manufacturer's rep come out and check it out... I would hope the thing has a warranty!

mikie

Forum Lurker
You can also "unload" the stretcher by pulling the little red lever... that saves battery life, and the hydraulic strut keeps it from hot-dropping.

Didn't know about that, thanks! Where is it located? I will of course 'practice' it if I can get the time, so I'm not standing there holding up a pt. for an hour!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
It is on the left of the battery pack area... that is the emergency override lever... but we were taught to use the lever when unloading, espicially without a patient, because it's about the same speed and saves battery.

I would hope that they showed you the little red lever when they showed you the strecher... because that is the "oh :censored:" lever when the battery pack dies on you.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
Do you have ramps with your bariatric strecher?

And FMA08... I'm glad you like my signature!
yeah, luckily we do have ramps, and our "bariatric" trucks have places to mount a winch on in the truck so we don't have to push/pull, just have to guid the cot into the truck. and yeah, nice signature, great minds think alike eh? XD

FireNinja

Forum Probie
Yeah we have them in the county.. They are the best thing ever, specialy when it"s just you and a medic and a huge person.

firemedic7982

Forum Lieutenant
We have had them on all trucks in my service for about 2 years now. They are a god send. I have heard people from other services whine about the 40 extra pounds they weigh... get over it. I tell ya what. If you dont want the extran 40 pounds, Ill give you one of the old school aluminum ferno stretchers that may and probably will colapse under pt. weight at some point, and ill take the hydraulic stretcher that saves my back, and me from hernia surgery.

I truly love the Stryker Power Pro.

reaper

Working Bum
Yeah we have them in the county.. They are the best thing ever, specialy when it"s just you and a medic and a huge person.

FireNinja,

What county are you talking about? LCEMS does not have them!

Short Bus

Forum Crew Member
We use all stryker. We have the Pros for all of our ALS rigs, and the Convo trucks have the powered ones since they see less off road duty. I love a stryker over that other company:rolleyes: Plus I had a pt tell me I had a cool dewalt stretcher one time :D

MAC4NH

Forum Crew Member
I've used/use all three at various times. The powered cot is heavy but it makes up for it nicely with the motor. You should have a spare battery available however.

The unpowered cot I could live without. It's heavier than a comparable ferno and you have to lift all that weight. From a management point of view it does seem to be sturdier so it should cost less to maintain.

All the cots on the market today are light-years better than the old ferno 2-man stretchers. Anybody old enough to remember them?

MedicDoug

Forum Crew Member
All the cots on the market today are light-years better than the old ferno 2-man stretchers. Anybody old enough to remember them?

Yes, indeed... state of the art at the time, no moving parts to fail, either. We used to put a foldup non-wheeled stair chair on top so it would be easier to hoist the patient into the hospital bed. I don't think they even make those contraptions anymore, although they were very comfortable for the patient, esp. hip fx.

If we'd had powered gurney's back when I started my back wouldn't hurt all the time now...