Strike force-19

Newparamedic

Forum Crew Member
I am interested in deploying to NY with strike-force 19. Is anyone currently doing strike-force 19 or know any info regarding it. I am curious.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
What is Strike-Force 19? Sounds like an overly aggressive name for a private DMAT team, is that right?

OP
OP
N

Newparamedic

Forum Crew Member
Ya, it is through ambulnz ambulance. I personally am not a fan, but my amr division is not letting any paramedics out for our DMAT, so I am trying to find another way to be apart of one. Specifically in California.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Ya, it is through ambulnz ambulance. I personally am not a fan, but my amr division is not letting any paramedics out for our DMAT, so I am trying to find another way to be apart of one. Specifically in California.
CAL-MAT is hiring, which is a California's DMAT team. If you want to do something, do that.

I would run, not walk, away from anything with the Ambulanz name on it.

I'm not sure what you think you'll be doing on "Strike-Force 19" but if Ambulanz is running it, all you're going to do is nursing home IFT nonsense while you're there. If you want to have a real chance at doing something meaningful, join a meaningful team.

OP
OP
N

Newparamedic

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for the info. I signed up for the Californias DMAT, but there doesn't seem to be any active "missions" yet.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
If you are on a federal DMAT and have been asked to deploy, AMR can't say no...

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Same for the state DMAT teams, they are protected as well.

The private ones like RSI and "Strike-Force 19" are not.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
If you are on a federal DMAT and have been asked to deploy, AMR can't say no...
If you are on a federal DMAT or state DMAT team then yes. If you are on AMR's internal FEMA ERT then it all comes down to operational needs. If the AMR ERT gets activated each AMR division can say "we cannot afford to have employees off the front lines locally". If you are assignment you can also get pulled back depending on your AMR's divisions needs. Also AMR has been only sending employees who are on the rotating monthly roster. They will cycle employees through Federal team #1, Federal team #2, State team #1. If you are not on the list for that month, you are not able to go anywhere.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
What is Strike-Force 19? Sounds like an overly aggressive name for a private DMAT team, is that right?
Am I a nerd for thinking it was the ambulance version of Section 31?

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
I haven't yet heard anything, even one single thing that makes Ambulnz appealing to me. "Strike Force 19" didn't help them any in my book. Pass.

Sled Driver

In a Wuhan Wet Market
Apparently, AMR has the contract with FEMA and has been activated to provide buses and crews and respond to NYC.

Anyone know what Ambulanz is paying ?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I signed up for cal mat , but still no response back.
Did you follow all of their steps? I signed up on Sunday evening and on Monday morning I was already approved and assigned a team.