Strange stuff on your truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
a little land navigation never hurt nobody :D. *hey lets drop into a random forest and find your way out! GO!*

Give me a topo map and a compass and I'll make it happen.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
PDF maps or Avenza maps is now what's it's call I believe. It has all the 7.5 minute topo maps for free and it doesnt require and sort of wifi or cell service because it's GPS. Comes in real handy for me when I'm out in the woods.
This. Avenza is probably the best mapping software out there. There's no navigation, because it's designed for back woods maps.

Download road, satellite, topo, etc maps of your area. You can usually find these maps with Geo Fencing so your location pops up on the map. This works with, or without cell service. It's the best of both GPS and paper maps.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

bakertaylor28

Forum Lieutenant
View attachment 3616

We actually carry these in the jump bags.

Anyone know why?

What do you carry that is 100% pointless?
My truck is bubble gum pink. I'm not trying to hear it, lol.
emsa01.jpg

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

bakertaylor28

Forum Lieutenant
awww thats such a cute truck!
lol. Yeah. The sad thing about it is that I get "looks" from people in the public, as if to ask "why on God's green earth would the paint it pink?" Mind you its a breast cancer campaign, but STILL. can we not assign a FEMALE paramedic? REALLY? I have been TRYING to get one of the standard blue-and-whites from the fleet for the longest. They've decided it's not happening. Oh well. I've grown accustomed to her face.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
lol. Yeah. The sad thing about it is that I get "looks" from people in the public, as if to ask "why on God's green earth would the paint it pink?" Mind you its a breast cancer campaign, but STILL. can we not assign a FEMALE paramedic? REALLY? I have been TRYING to get one of the standard blue-and-whites from the fleet for the longest. They've decided it's not happening. Oh well. I've grown accustomed to her face.
maybe PICU too? kids like pink?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Yep. The KED was designed to hoist the immobilized driver out of the car, using the wrecker. Be careful if you want to rig and lift one now. The knockoffs are not load rated like the originals Kendrick devices.

FYI, while designed for such, it's NOT recommended by the designer. Something about an entrapped ankle in the pedals on an attempt at this, and a near-miss.

Also, Rick is a fun dude to hang out with.

PS, Yeah, I know. Necro reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.