stethoscope

kmk4ue

Forum Ride Along
Hi not really a big deal but Im looking for a good stethoscope.Im fresh out of emt class and the ones I was issued feel like they are piercing my skull.Any suggestions on a good comfortable set? I plan on buying some and would like some feedback before i purchase a set.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Just get a littmann classic II or master classic II. Probably the most popular stethoscopes out there under $100.

Dutch-EMT

BScN
Litmann Classic, a great scope for a good price.
A cheaper scope, only a bit to large to put in your pocket because it has a double tube, is the rappaport stethoscope.
Good enough for field-work. In my opinion it's not necessary to buy a very expensive cardio-scope.

emtchick171

Forum Lieutenant
My first one was a Littman Classic II SE, loved it.

However, about a year ago I purchased an Ultrascope...and by far it is my favorite...wouldn't trade it for anything. I still have my Littman, use it as my spare...just in case something happens to my Ultrascope.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
If the ear tip things are giving you problems, you might want to consider acquiring some soft tips that normally go onto a Littman. They should fit... and be a lot more comfortable, though I haven't tried that myself.