State Certification Status

WolfTails

Forum Crew Member
Hello everyone!

I have been trying to contact dshs about my state certification, but I can't seem to find anyone who can help me. I know that the actual license takes 4-6 weeks to come in the mail according to the website. However, I want to know how long it takes for the online portion to say that I am certified. Please respond below with when the status change online for you and then how long after it took to license your license in the mail. Thank you!

P.S. My status currently says Initial EMT In Process and Status: Open. (I submitted my application on June 24th online and my fingerprints on July 1)

Wes

Forum Lieutenant
It usually takes Texas close to the full period to certify UNLESS you submitted a state application prior to taking the exam.

ArkansasEMT

Forum Ride Along
I found this info

Hey WolfTails,

I'm in the same boat. I'm applying for work in a dual state system so I have to get my TX license to go along with the one I already have from AR.

I did my application on June 17, so it's only been about 4 weeks for me so far.

I found this number to call and check on the status, but it's too late to call them today since they close at 5:00 P.M.

DSHS EMS Certification & Licensing Group (512) 834-6600 ext. 6735

I hope this helps,

ArkansasEMT

OP
OP
W

WolfTails

Forum Crew Member
It usually takes Texas close to the full period to certify UNLESS you submitted a state application prior to taking the exam.
How do I know if I have submitted everything correctly? I am getting nervous that maybe I didn't do something right and it is delaying my license. I have a job lined up and the only thing holding me back is for my online status to say that I am certified.

OP
OP
W

WolfTails

Forum Crew Member
Hey WolfTails,

I'm in the same boat. I'm applying for work in a dual state system so I have to get my TX license to go along with the one I already have from AR.

I did my application on June 17, so it's only been about 4 weeks for me so far.

I found this number to call and check on the status, but it's too late to call them today since they close at 5:00 P.M.

DSHS EMS Certification & Licensing Group (512) 834-6600 ext. 6735

I hope this helps,

ArkansasEMT
It's crazy how long it takes to get your license. a month to a month and a half is a long time to delay job searching. It drives me crazy haha

ArkansasEMT

Forum Ride Along
Hurry up and wait...

WolfTails,

I just called that number and spoke with a very nice lady who informed me that they process the applications in the order received and that they are running about 7 weeks out on processing the apps at the present time.

Great...

She did say that they would definitely notify any candidates who had something lacking on their application.

Not quite what I was wanting to hear.

Oh well, keep the faith and hurry up and wait.

martyhuff

Forum Ride Along
I submitted mine on June 5th and have not received mine yet either. I called and them on the 18th and they told me they are behind and still working on the week of May 13th apps.

So at that rate it seems like it will be a another few weeks for me which stinks because I need a job and start gaining some experience before Medic school.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
W

WolfTails

Forum Crew Member
WolfTails,

I just called that number and spoke with a very nice lady who informed me that they process the applications in the order received and that they are running about 7 weeks out on processing the apps at the present time.

Great...

She did say that they would definitely notify any candidates who had something lacking on their application.

Not quite what I was wanting to hear.

Oh well, keep the faith and hurry up and wait.
Thank you! I finally got through to someone on the phone on Monday and they said they were working on the May 25-31 applicants. Dang it :/

OP
OP
W

WolfTails

Forum Crew Member
I submitted mine on June 5th and have not received mine yet either. I called and them on the 18th and they told me they are behind and still working on the week of May 13th apps.

So at that rate it seems like it will be a another few weeks for me which stinks because I need a job and start gaining some experience before Medic school.
I know how you feel! I have a job lined up waiting for my application to go through. It's killing me that I can't work right now because I really need the money. I'm thankful that I at least got offered a position somewhere and their willing to wait on me though!

martyhuff

Forum Ride Along
Talk to a friend today and she submitted hers on June 3rd and got hers today so they are moving pretty fast it seems but I did mine the the 3rd and paid on the 5th and have not got mine tho.

ArkansasEMT

Forum Ride Along
Finally got it!

Well, I finally received my TX EMT License today.

Submitted on June 17, received on August 6.

Just in time too, orientation at my new job starts on August 19.

Peace,

ArkansasEMT

OP
OP
W

WolfTails

Forum Crew Member
Well, I finally received my TX EMT License today.

Submitted on June 17, received on August 6.

Just in time too, orientation at my new job starts on August 19.

Peace,

ArkansasEMT
That's awesome! I'm still waiting on my license to be approved :( it was submitted June 26th so they have to be really close if yours has already been approved and sent in the mail. Thank you for the updates! I appreciate it :)

brian328

Forum Crew Member
i thought cali was bad! just sent my tx reciprocity form in a week ago. i guess the waiting game begins...

AtlasFlyer

Forum Captain
Indiana is just as bad.. I passed my state practical on May 11th & the state written on May 20th. Paperwork was submitted to the state after passing the written on May 20th. I didn't get my paper cert in the mail until July 3rd!

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Indiana is just as bad.. I passed my state practical on May 11th & the state written on May 20th. Paperwork was submitted to the state after passing the written on May 20th. I didn't get my paper cert in the mail until July 3rd!

That's brutal. I called South Carolina yesterday and she said I could come do my fingerprints when I move, and once that's done it should take 12 days at the most. I was thoroughly surprised.

OP
OP
W

WolfTails

Forum Crew Member
It's killing me how slow this process is. I know it says it takes 4-6 weeks, but right now I'm almost on week 8. I've called dshs to get an update and as of last Friday Aug 9 they were working on June 20th applications. In which, mine was turned in on June 26th so I know they are close to mine. I didn't think that many people were applying for licenses in Texas, but I guess there are quite a few. I guess I just gotta wait a little longer T.T

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
i thought cali was bad! just sent my tx reciprocity form in a week ago. i guess the waiting game begins...

Shoot, I had my medic card in hand two weeks after my app went in. I'd be bashing my head in if I had to wait months.

brian328

Forum Crew Member
Shoot, I had my medic card in hand two weeks after my app went in. I'd be bashing my head in if I had to wait months.

Cali is getting better now that its online. I sent my TX transfer form in with a cashiers check, a week later, they put the forms online ..