ArkansasEMT

Forum Ride Along
Wolftails,

Have you received your license yet?

Just checking 'cause I'm nosy :D

ArkansasEMT

brian328

Forum Crew Member
just called the EMS certification agency and the lady told me they are currently processing applications sent in at the beginning of july. sounds like i am still a ways away from having my cert transferred.

OP
OP
W

WolfTails

Forum Crew Member
just called the EMS certification agency and the lady told me they are currently processing applications sent in at the beginning of july. sounds like i am still a ways away from having my cert transferred.
Yeah they are around 2 weeks behind! And all you can do is wait :(. However, you may be able to apply at an ems company and see if they are willing to wait for you to receive your license if you get that job. That's what I did and I had to wait a whole month before I got to work. It was nice to know that I had a job even though I wasn't working because my license hadn't been approve yet. I would just try and see. The worst they can say is no!

brian328

Forum Crew Member
Yeah they are around 2 weeks behind! And all you can do is wait :(. However, you may be able to apply at an ems company and see if they are willing to wait for you to receive your license if you get that job. That's what I did and I had to wait a whole month before I got to work. It was nice to know that I had a job even though I wasn't working because my license hadn't been approve yet. I would just try and see. The worst they can say is no!

I have emailed a couple of places and a few are willing to work with me and some not so much. I just need to find some time to go to the dmv (or whatever it is called out here) and get my TX dl.

Lofton

Forum Probie
Submitted my application on August 3rd, took fingerprints on August 8th, got my Texas License on September 19.

leeksoldier

Forum Probie
Well that was fast Lofton! I sent mine in September 11th, but did not get any fingerprints done. Mine is for paramedic, so I wonder if I need to get some done...

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Well that was fast Lofton! I sent mine in September 11th, but did not get any fingerprints done. Mine is for paramedic, so I wonder if I need to get some done...

Yes, you will need fingerprints for the background check. At least I did when I applied for a Texas cert.

leeksoldier

Forum Probie
Thank you. I will call them today to make sure, so I can get that out of the way. I'm glad I read this thread!