starting paramedic school

tssemt2010

Forum Lieutenant
hey guys i am starting paramedic school next week, i did half of intermediate school but had ALOT of issues with the instructors of there (cursing out your students in the ER is not acceptable) so i was wondering what some overall tips and tricks are of making paramedic school easier?

thanks guys!

OP
OP
T

tssemt2010

Forum Lieutenant
i have also been volunteering frequently with a 911 service and workin fulltime for a transfer service on our MICU truck for 8 months so i have decent experience for being 20 years old

DarkStarr

Forum Lieutenant
Get a jump on A&P and an understanding of rhythm interpretation and your drugs. My class would be a bit easier if I had either a) paid more attention in EMT-B and b) had more experience with the above whether it be through work experience or additional courses through a community college or Con Ed.

OP
OP
T

tssemt2010

Forum Lieutenant
Get a jump on A&P and an understanding of rhythm interpretation and your drugs. My class would be a bit easier if I had either a) paid more attention in EMT-B and b) had more experience with the above whether it be through work experience or additional courses through a community college or Con Ed.

thanks, i have a pretty good understanding of drugs because i already did pharmacology in the half of intermediate school i did but A&P and cardiology will definitely be something i will be studying extra hard for

sweetpete

Forum Lieutenant
Where'd you go to Intermediate school? And I'm not sure why you didn't complete it, regardless of how the instructors "cursed someone out in the ER"?

OP
OP
T

tssemt2010

Forum Lieutenant
Where'd you go to Intermediate school? And I'm not sure why you didn't complete it, regardless of how the instructors "cursed someone out in the ER"?

not worth it to finish, my instructor has no right to tell me how to do my job and then bring my work life back to the dean of the program to try and make me look bad, and i will not mention the name of the school

Blood

Forum Crew Member
not worth it to finish, my instructor has no right to tell me how to do my job and then bring my work life back to the dean of the program to try and make me look bad, and i will not mention the name of the school

Sometimes your superiors will curse at you and tell you how to do your job. You just have to bite your tongue and learn to handle the criticism.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I've learned that you rarely can control what others do in life, but only control how you react.

From what I've seen over the years, I find that Paramedic students rarely struggle with the action and hands-on portion of the Paramedic program, but most often get caught up in the academic portion and time management. A&P, pharmacology, cardiology, and EKG interpretation.

Most importantly, realize that you're always going to have teachers/instructors/managers/bosses who you think are rude and incompetent. Again, it's not what they do to you, but how you rise above the situation, that really proves your worth.

Good luck!