Starting a emt/paramedic program

malolava

Forum Probie
I'm in the process of starting a emt and paramedic program and would like to know if there's anyone who owns a emt or paramedic school that can help me out on any information. Any help would be grateful. Thanks a lot.

OP
OP
M

malolava

Forum Probie
How long is the process to get the school up and running, equipment I would need and how much would it cost. I would really appreciate any help.

Mainspring

Forum Crew Member
check your community college for emt classes.

you can sign up for one of the accelerated programs but it costs more (around $900 to $1500) and I'm not sure what your background is but if you've never been in medical profession before you might have a hard time with these classes as the workload can be a bit hefty, especially getting used to medical terminology.

emt class can be from one semester to as fast as 3 weeks(in case of UCLA).

most Paramedic school requires atleast 6 months emt experience in pre-hospital setting before application.

EMedCounsel

Forum Probie
never mind. I'm stupid. You want to START a school... :rolleyes: (goes grab coffee) :blush:

Lol I read the same thing you did; 'start a program' as a student, not as a principal.

I apologize to the OP, as I don't know much about actually opening up a school.
I know most of our EMS schools are run by community colleges, but we do have one successful privately run EMS School in the area.

Best of luck to you Malolava, let me know how it goes :)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Contact other local EMT/Medic schools and talk to the director to see if you can get info.