Special snowflake.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
I agree. And I think I said this earlier in this thread (too lazy to look, ironically): what some people are missing out on, when they feel entitled and take advantage of entitlements, is the satisfaction of doing things and earning things on their own. Achievement, accomplishment.........all character builders. Deprivation at times is also a good thing. It can be a motivator.

You don't need to do anything to feel accomplished or like you've achieved something, because now everyone gets an award just for showing up.

Kids can't even "WIN" anymore. It's all about fairness and being delicate to the feelings of all involved... Everyone gets a trophy.

It's ridiculous. It's mind boggling.

It sets them up for failure... And to cower to adversity that they will eventually encounter throughout their lives.

Last edited:

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
There's a reason I refuse to go to my 10 year reuinion next year. It's not worth it.
Right... Being not worth it is one thing... But feeling like others should pay your way due to your own poor life choices is entirely different..

Besides.. With social media we already know what people from high school did... And mostly don't frankly care about ones that we aren't in contact with already. It isn't like you'll finally see that one person again after 10 years.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Here's an anecdotal story from my life, present time. My 10 year HS reunion is coming up. I libe in a different state than I did then, about 5 hours away, and am willing to make the drive and take my girl along and buy her a ticket.

So, there's a BookFace group for the class of '05... Yay... It's $40 a ticket and it included a meal and one free drink at a trendy little venue in a nice part of town. This was voted on in the group (the cost per ticket part).

These ****ers are now all posting in the group talking about how they can't afford $40 to go to their reunion and one snowflake was like "I don't drink, so can I get a discount?" ... Another has some chick he is marrying from the Philippines or some **** and said he can't afford it because his trips to Asia have him financially strapped and that there should be a donation site set up for others to purchase tickets for him and others who can't afford it....what.the.****?!

Like a whole bunch of lowlifes are clamoring for free tickets and complaining about the price. SERIOUSLY?! It's a once in a lifetime thing, plus a dinner, plus a drink, plus a DJ and all that other stuff... And you're complaining about $40 because you have 4 kids or make poor life choices or are just a loser. If you are almost 30, and can't spend $40 on something like that- you're a loser. And if you then want donations when you make poor choices - you're an idiot. What kind of self entitled *******s would do that AFTER voting on the price to begin with?! And those are just a few examples of numerous people saying that stuff.

I was like- you can't even go to the movies and eat popcorn for less than $40 these days... Let alone something like this.

I'm telling you... My generation- is a bunch of clowns.

Needless to say, I am opting out- and damn sure am not donating a ticket to anyone.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say these are the people who can't "afford" a $40 dollar ticket and yet they drive BMW's and Mercedes.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Right... Being not worth it is one thing... But feeling like others should pay your way due to your own poor life choices is entirely different..

Besides.. With social media we already know what people from high school did... And mostly don't frankly care about ones that we aren't in contact with already. It isn't like you'll finally see that one person again after 10 years.
By not worth it I meant I won't pay my money to listen to people ***** about poor life choices. The other side of this is I went to HS in a small town, the people who are losers and clamoring that they can't afford anything never left the town or did anything with their lives. I think I keep in contact with about a quarter of my HS class (25 or so people) but that's it. And we are all so scattered we never see each other, and busy enough with work and careers it won't happen easily.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Both kinds of people... The ones who have mountains of debt and live a fake life, and the ones who think Michael Brown was going to be a doctor.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I'm 28; and I can't stand the majority of my generation. Folks my age are the first ones to start this trend and continue it to the way we are. So many people who seek instant gratification and think because they pay their own bills that they are hot **** and entitled to something.

Guess what... Good for you. It's called life. You're being responsible for yourself, that doesn't earn you special consideration just because we live in a world where most people are not carry the trait for personal responsibility. Keep on doing well, and excel in your life - I'm happy to see some responsible folks, but don't think it entitles you to anything. That's part of the mindset with "this generation."

There is so much more to it than just thinking kids are "lazy" these days. I didn't walk up any hills in 5 feet of snow, but I don't need that experience to see the culture of victims and entitled snobs every where I go. The easily offended cupcakes and the free loaders that we have incentivized to be unproductive in society.

We got problems, if you fail to see that, regardless of your age, then you are probable part of the problem.

Our culture is morally bankrupted any ways at this point, so in the words of the next president (unfortunately) "what difference does it make?"... It's too late for a course correction.

I knew I liked you. For the most part I fully agree with you, and I'm just a tiny bit younger than you.

I'm 21 and I'm agreeing with him.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
By not worth it I meant I won't pay my money to listen to people ***** about poor life choices. The other side of this is I went to HS in a small town, the people who are losers and clamoring that they can't afford anything never left the town or did anything with their lives. I think I keep in contact with about a quarter of my HS class (25 or so people) but that's it. And we are all so scattered we never see each other, and busy enough with work and careers it won't happen easily.

Yeah exactly... If I want to see/hear you complain about your life I can just look at your FB... I've got better things to do.

Haha.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
You don't need to do anything to feel accomplished or like you've achieved something, because now everyone gets an award just for showing up.

Kids can't even "WIN" anymore. It's all about fairness and being delicate to the feelings of all involved... Everyone gets a trophy.

It's ridiculous. It's mind boggling.

It sets them up for failure... And to cower to adversity that they will eventually encounter throughout their lives.

Yeah. Getting awards for just showing up burns me. I worked hard for the awards I got growing up. It was motivational to have to earn them. Giving them away freely takes away the feeling of accomplishment from those that worked for it.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
I knew I liked you. For the most part I fully agree with you, and I'm just a tiny bit younger than you.
I like you too, bud.
We think a lot alike, the two of us.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Follow up:
The reunion is tonight. I'm not going. Just to add, I kept following the group. There was an issue that was posted regarding attire. The class voted, as we did previously with the cost, on business casual... Ya know, not too fancy, but leave your favorite jersey at home.

So some snowflakes were real upset I guess, and so, against the vote, the reunion leadership said everyone could just wear whatever you want, "you be you."

Ugh!

Special snowflakes! Can't stand them. Pay your $40, wear a polo, and go with the flow. You lost the vote. **** me!

Just....
Glad I didn't go.