Special Olympics volunteer

b2dragun

Forum Crew Member
I am just looking for a little input. I will be volunteering with the local Special Olympics to provide first aid at their sporting events. What I am wondering is what you all suggest I bring with me, I know I don't need a jump kit but know I will need more then just band aids. I am thinking 4x4, tape, ice packs, cardboard for splints, band aids...what am I not thinking of? I will not be there with a company, therefore I will be providing my own supplies (I am going to talk to the local FD for donations). I appreciate all the help folks.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Do you work for a company? Maybe they'll be willing to donate supplies.

OP
OP
B

b2dragun

Forum Crew Member
Do you work for a company? Maybe they'll be willing to donate supplies.

I currently do not. I'm not worried about getting the supplies, just wondering what kind of supplies you would want with you if you were providing basic first aid at a special olympics event.

Scout

Para-Noid
As yourself what you are there for, field event or crowd...

Is there going to be someone who backs you up for more than a sprain/finger cut?

Look at what you expect to and then stock accordingly. Do they not provide eq?

OP
OP
B

b2dragun

Forum Crew Member
Back up will be provided by 911. As for equipment, no one ever has enough or the right stuff. I am just looking for some advice on what to make sure I have, I am but a newbie grasshopper.