slambulance

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
Video: http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Paramedics-Dont-Approve-of-Old-Ambulance-151212655.html

FORT WORTH, Texas — Paramedics at Fort Worth’s ambulance service Medstar are raising questions about a boxy vehicle driving on city streets with the word “ambulance” on the front and red and blue lights on top — but isn’t a real ambulance. “Just like anybody when they see it for the first time, it looks like a legitimate ambulance,” said Medstar spokesman Matt Zavadsky. A closer look reveals the sign on the door actually says “Slambulance” — not ambulance. On the back, it says “DFW Cougar and Kitten Rescue.” Inside, through dark windows, you can see leather furniture and a metal pole — not like you’d find in any real ambulance.

Cougar and Kittens Rescue...+1

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
"There is no reason to have a pole mounted here in the center of the vehicle because you can't even get a stretcher in or out," Zavadsky said

:rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think someone is missing the point of the pole.

Steveb

Forum Lieutenant

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
They gotta do house calls! Like Dominos. No charge if cold!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I wonder if they would do an out of state "transport" to California.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I wonder if they would do an out of state "transport" to California.

Ha you think a trip by ALS is expensive? Let's see average song 3 mins, so 20 songs an hour x 12ish hours x 20 dollars a song (15 during happy hour) = 4800 plus tips and 9 dollar drinks. Actually that might work out to be cheaper than going in a real ambulance?