Sit back, relax, and flashback

TechMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Do you remember back when you were first let off your leash? No more clinicals, ride-alongs, or preceptors. What kind of service did you ride with? Did it feel like when you were still in training, but less people? What were your major fears on that first shift of the rest of your life?

Im finally going to be promoted at my station later this month and ride as a real EMT and not a student. Well, at this station at least. I still got my paramedic rotations to look forward to!:p

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Im finally going to be promoted at my station later this month and ride as a real EMT and not a student.

The day we stop being a student is the day we should retire my friend ;)

VCEMT

Forum Captain
No, I have a lot of brain damage from hitting my head against the rig while exiting. Litterally, I've hit my head so many goddamn times.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Before I was cleared as a medic, I was riding as a BLS truck one day and picked up my childhood babysitter in SVT. I had to call for orders to treat her without a preceptor, and we decided to give her adenosine. I was really scared, 19, and stupid. :)

I told her I was going to give her medicine that would stop her heart and I hoped it would help her issues.

She loves telling me this story now. I told her I've learned how to talk to people now so that I don't freak them all the way out.

She says that she has never in her entire life been more afraid. She had been babysitting me just 7 years before that. I can't believe the stuff I did at that age.

I was in nursing school, had been a medic for a year. But dude. What an idiot!

hibiti87

Forum Crew Member
Im in my paramedic clinicals now, wish i had a picture of my face the first time i pushed adenosine. was something like this

nicholas-cage-cat-face.jpg