Silly Question...

Remember, Matt, scrubs run kind big...and fabric softener and HOT water... and no knots in the drawstrings- you'll never get them off if nature calls...

I am an EMT-B student in Georgia. Our instructor requires FULL uniform. If we are not in uniform, we do not get into class or into clinical sites. I bought black ****ie pants and black Bates ultralite boots. We have polo shirts with the Star of Life and our name embroidered on it. Even though we are students, we are still part of the profession, so we should take pride in it. Dress nice... it will reflect better on you. Good luck!

I'm SURE that we'll be in uniform for class, but we won't get our shirts until day 1. I'm a good boy, I'll do what I'm told.

Go Pistons, Go Tigers, Go Red Wings!

I say we start the Matt needs scrubs fund!! What size Matt! ;)
Unfortunately I can't see my middle school principal allowing me to wear scrubs to school. It would surely bring casual Fridays to a whole new level though :)

Unfortunately I can't see my middle school principal allowing me to wear scrubs to school.

Oh, we'll buy him/her a pair then, if you insist. It can only be an improvement over what half of the kids wear anyway :P

I still remember the heavily made up, slightly overweight, bleached blonde who attended (for the third time without passing) a firefighter recruit class. She showed up regularly in lycra, crop tops and flip flops. I heard later that she read somewhere this was a good way to snag a firefighter for a husband/boyfriend. She just rotated through all the local volunteer agencies. She never did the EMT class though, just the FF

I can think of at least 10 better ways to spend my time and money...sheesh!

What should I wear to my first day of class? I know we're getting uniform shirts, and it is an academy-style class.

I don't want to look like Mommy took me shopping...

Pair of black pants and a nice polo shirt.

For my medic class... clinical uniform was blue trousers and a issued yellow polo shirt. I usually wore the "cell-phone-pocket" ****ies pants... they are sturdy and the "cell phone" pocket was perfect for 3-4 pairs of gloves. My trauma shears went in by belt, behind my back, and the scope was around my neck. My instructor didn't "like" BDU's or EMS pants... he felt they appeared unprofessional.

OK, so my uniform is black pants, BDU's fine, our issued t-shirt for class, issued polo shirt for clinicals, and black shoes or boots. Ten demerits for incomplete, dirty, or non-existent uniform.

And that's that:rolleyes:

Back