Shooting!?

Topher38

Forum Lieutenant
It was a saturday night at the volunteer fire house. We get together and watch movies all the time and that night we were watching Die hard =]. So the pagers go off. "Shooting". PD is on scene and they are awaiting EMS/Fire. We arrive on scene to see a small asian boy wearing shorts and a dirty T-Shirt in hand cuffs and an over wieght man prone on the ground. He was almost in tears and crying quite loudly. As this point I was completely confused. So we ask the man whats the going on he turns over. We see a small speck of blood on his shirt, around the nipple area. We lift his shirt and there is a BB not a pellet but a BB under the man's skin, with small capillary bleeding.

We placed a small gauze over it and asked him if he had been shot anywhere else. He said no.

He went to the ER and had the BB removed.

After he left with his family, the PD has told us that the young asain boy (8 years old) had harrassed the man earlier that day for being fat.

So the over wieght works out every morning (power working) and this morning he had stopped by considering the young asain boy's father is very good friends with him.

The boy has been almost 20 feet up into a tree waiting for the man to walk by and shot him in the chest, mid-clavicular.

That was the second strangest call I had ever been on. Im not sure what happened to the boy, but you cant arrest a 8 year old right?

Anyone have any calls for BB gun shootings? or BB gun/Pellet gun accidents?(serious question)

Doc Kafka

Forum Probie
Mean little boy.

I don't think that I've ever encountered that, but it could happen next shift. Who knows.

Did he fall from the tree?

You guys transported?

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Can start with the BB gun, can only get worse from there......sigh

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
Horrible interpersonal skills, smart shooting.

I would like to know what happened to the kid. He needs the a:censored:e slapped out of him at some point, and the older he gets, the harder it will be.

OP
OP
Topher38

Topher38

Forum Lieutenant
Mean little boy.

Did he fall from the tree?

You guys transported?

The over wieght fella wanted to sign a refusal but changed his mind after we re-questioned him, the family was going to drive him to the ER. But he changed his mind and felt more comfortable with us.

The kid did not fall out of the tree which made me quite surprised from where the PD showed us he was WAY up there.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Oh, you CAN arrest a kid. It is bad PR, but nothing wrong with arresting a minor who deserves it.

I've heard of a few local suicide attempts by BB. I think they'd be more succesful if they beat themselves with the rifle, but who knows; If people can be killed by ice cubes, they can be killed by anything.

NJN

The Young One
Yeah, you can arrest a kid. He is a minor which just means he will probably, depending on the charge and sentence, be in juvenile detention till he is 21. Is a bb gun considered a deadly weapon. I know a pellet gun is.

OP
OP
Topher38

Topher38

Forum Lieutenant
Anyone hear about that 14 year old on trial for shooting a kid just because he wore make-up? Hes on trial to see if he should be charged as an adult or child. Ill try and find an article for you guys.

TheAfterAffect

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah, you can arrest a kid. He is a minor which just means he will probably, depending on the charge and sentence, be in juvenile detention till he is 21. Is a bb gun considered a deadly weapon. I know a pellet gun is.

I Know for a fact (Not going into detail how) that a BB Gun Is Considered a Firearm and most likely a deadly weapon. I know they consider a Paintball gun a Deadly weapon -.-

OP
OP
Topher38

Topher38

Forum Lieutenant
I Know for a fact (Not going into detail how) that a BB Gun Is Considered a Firearm and most likely a deadly weapon. I know they consider a Paintball gun a Deadly weapon -.-

There was an older lady that was shot accidently and was killed by a paintball gun. I guess her grandson was re-loading it, the barrel aimed toward her temple area and it went off, I guess the barrel of the gun was only inches from her head, which just makes me wonder what was this kid doing?

TheAfterAffect

Forum Lieutenant
Damn, that is just kinda weird. Must have had the velocityof that thing all the way up and had a high end gun. Then again, He would have to have been an experienced player (Or rich kid) and should have known you take the Tank off when you clean the gun :p

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Those kind of paintball stories give all of us responsible players a bad name

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Damn, that is just kinda weird. Must have had the velocityof that thing all the way up and had a high end gun. Then again, He would have to have been an experienced player (Or rich kid) and should have known you take the Tank off when you clean the gun :p

Not just High-Ends can shoot high. Tippmann's can crank pretty badly too. what do you think LEOs use for pepperball? Almost stock Pro-Carbines and A5s

OP
OP
Topher38

Topher38

Forum Lieutenant
Those kind of paintball stories give all of us responsible players a bad name

They really do. I play paintball usually over the summer, great buncha people.

But it is misrepresented.

certguy

Forum Captain
Well , just to give a little info , When you play on an organized field , the guns are chrono'd at 300 feet per second . Your face protection is rates for 330 . If you're playing indoors , with the shorter ranges , they're typically set for 200 to 250 . I just can't picture anybody cleaning a loaded paintball gun a couple inches from someone's temple . Sounds more like a deliberate act .

Like you guys , I hate it when people misuse the gear . It does give all of us a bad name . I've even had my bus shot from a car alongside me . Ball impacted just below a window . that close the window could've shattered , injuring a passenger .

certguy

Forum Captain
By the way guys , I've got a tippman 98 with a flatline sniper barrel . What do you have . Wanna get an A5 one of these days .

Craig

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
By the way guys , I've got a tippman 98 with a flatline sniper barrel . What do you have . Wanna get an A5 one of these days .

Craig

CCI Phantom VSC w/ hammerhead barrel kit is my main tournament gun. Also have other that don't really get used

NJN

The Young One
I have some 32 degrees piece of crap with 10 and 16 inch barrels, 200 round hopper, 12oz Co2. I only have the essentials on that gun and it us only used when necessary, I have found that the smartest thing for me to do is borrow my buddy's tippman pro-lite (i love that thing) or another friends backup kingmann spyder. Don't have much money to invest in a good marker. So i like to play woodsball and use my cammies issued thru AF JROTC and wait for them to come to me.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
How does a thread go from 'can you arrest an 8 year old' to comparing paintball guns?

NJN

The Young One
<----- (raises hand) My bad, i asked if bb guns were considered deadly weapons, which then spawned discussion on recreational shooting devices which lead to paint ball guns and then we must compare them.