Sh*t Magnets

truetiger

Forum Asst. Chief
Do you believe in the idea that people can be sh*t magnets?

firecoins

IFT Puppet
yes but not me.

OP
OP
truetiger

truetiger

Forum Asst. Chief
I'll say I do, I've been nothing but a sh*t magnet since getting my license. It does make good material when asked the standard "tell me about a time you were in a stressful situation" interview question.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I'm more of a crazy magnet. I know what you mean though.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Not me. People sure are, but I am the fluffiest of fluffy white clouds.

I've started wondering whether it's just that I don't blow everything up to a big deal and just go about my business. Some people tend to scream on the radio, call the helicopter, freak out, and they tend to be known as the magnets.

OP
OP
truetiger

truetiger

Forum Asst. Chief
I don't mind getting the bad or bizarre calls. For some reason or another I usually pull all of the emergency transfers as well.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Some magnets are alarmists who diagnose everything as a disaster.

They need to go work at FEMA.

If a white cloud means you get all the good and easy stuff, and the black cloud means that all your luck is bad, then what do the explosive guys mean by a pink cloud?

photo1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
On occasion it I start to believe in the idea, however, I never experience it. I'm a super fluffy, fabulous white cloud...my ration of :censored::censored::censored::censored: to BS is 100:1

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Do you believe in the idea that people can be sh*t magnets?

Considering one of my former partners nicknamed me "Swirling vortex of doom", I would say I am a :censored::censored::censored::censored: magnet.

thisgirlisamedic

Forum Probie
yap i am one

I am 100% sure that I am the biggest :censored::censored::censored::censored: magnet ever.....I never get a shift without a cardiac arrest gsw or major trauma and usually I get all three, the other guys run no calls the whole 72 hours they are there I role in and it starts as soon as I get there, I have had six partners quit or want a new partner cause they get no sleep lol

Veneficus

Forum Chief
I am 100% sure that I am the biggest :censored::censored::censored::censored: magnet ever.....I never get a shift without a cardiac arrest gsw or major trauma and usually I get all three, the other guys run no calls the whole 72 hours they are there I role in and it starts as soon as I get there, I have had six partners quit or want a new partner cause they get no sleep lol

I accept your challenge

SSwain

Forum Captain

Can I ride with you? I have 85+ hours of ride along time now and still chasing my elusive 5th PT contact....But that's a whole other thread topic.:angry:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I have been a poop magnet these last few weeks, everyone has been trying to die in our ambulance...it's starting to get annoying.

thisgirlisamedic

Forum Probie
I had a brand new emt student riding with me who actually quit school and left after about four hours, he looked at me and my partner and said, " I had no idea that this job was that hard, I thought I would sit around and watch tv all day" my partner said " not with her " I asked the student if he wanted me to sign his paperwork he said " no, after the first d ead guy, I stopped writing, I just was waiting to get to my car to leave I'm done with this" lol so if u need skills done my unit is the olace

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
My experience was the longer I stayed in the game it was easier to see I'd get "runs". Not THE runs but runs of Psych calls, runs of MVAs, runs of cardiacs and my personal nightmare, I once had a two year run of strokes where nose bleeds would turn into one, and anything else you can figure we'd get called to would end up being called in as a stroke!

You don't get many of those anymore, do you?

OP
OP
truetiger

truetiger

Forum Asst. Chief
Or my personal favorite, the non injury fall that gets changed to a full arrest while en route.

thisgirlisamedic

Forum Probie
I really like the calls that come in as no info, just a lot of screaming and u get on scene and they have a paper cut or roach in their ear.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I really like the calls that come in as no info, just a lot of screaming and u get on scene and they have a paper cut or roach in their ear.

We end up staging for those calls to until pd gets on scene. Then people wonder why there's 2 cop cars a fire engine and an ambulance in front of their house.