Setting up the account

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
I did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for exactly. Don't shoot me!

Our instructor told us we should set up our NREMT account. So I did that. But I'm confused about putting in an application. Is this to apply to take the exam? It says not to go further unless you've been told to do so by your EMS director. Some kind of evaluation? Do I need to do this part before I'm able to put in this "application" to test? :wacko:

absolutesteve81

Forum Crew Member
You will need to "Create an Application" so that your instructor can go in on their end and verify you completed the course and 'sign-off' on you to take the exam.

Once you create your application, it will send your instructor notice and ask that him/her verify your course completion. You will have an option to pay the application fee at the time you create your application or you can wait until your instructor verifies course completion.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
B

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
You will need to "Create an Application" so that your instructor can go in on their end and verify you completed the course and 'sign-off' on you to take the exam.

Once you create your application, it will send your instructor notice and ask that him/her verify your course completion. You will have an option to pay the application fee at the time you create your application or you can wait until your instructor verifies course completion.

Thank you! *bows down to the absolute steve* I appreciate your answer!

ETA: But is it going to make me take this assessment exam to do so?

absolutesteve81

Forum Crew Member
Not entirely sure what you are referring as the 'Assessment' exam...

There's an option to take a survey but it is purely optional and not reflective on your application.

For the NREMT-B process, I believe your training entity itself coordinates your practicals (NREMT refers to this as the psychomotor exam) at the end of your program. You should have your application completed online *before* this so when you pass, your instructor can sign you off and this will prevent delays. Once your instructor has verified, you can log into your account and you will see "Course Completion Verified" when you "Check Application Status". If you have already paid your testing fee *TO THE NREMT* you will see "Authorization To Test". If you haven't paid yet, pay at this time because you need that Authorization to test. Once you have that authorization, you will follow the links to create your Pearson Vue account and schedule a date to test.

Simply creating the application doesn't obligate you to taking the certification exam (Also called Cognitive, 'Written', CBT, CAT). It simply starts the beginning of an application that has a couple of steps/verification procedures to authorize you to test.

If I left anything out, then perhaps someone that has taken the exam recently can correct me.

OP
OP
B

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
This is what it says when I go to create a new application. There is no way around it.

NREMT Application Level
Choose the level of the NREMT exam you wish to take. You should only select an Assesment Exam if you have been directed to do so by your state EMS office.
(Note: Assessment exams are NOT a practice exam.)
*Application Level:

Assessment Examination
You have indicated that you are requesting to take an assessment exam. Assessment exams are not certification exams and you will not recieve NREMT certification. Do not register for an assessment exam unless you have been directed to do so by your state EMS office.

:blush: Whoops. Nevermind. When I click on Basic it all goes away. Duh.