Server busy, slow site

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Just in the past few days I've been noticing the site has be VERY slow to load and sometimes doesn't load at all. More than a few times I get this "server busy" message.

I am in Boston and use Comcast cable. Thought I'd drop ya a line letting you know.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
There's been some issues lately with some of the servers upstream of us.

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
I too have been having the issue of it sometimes taking 5 minutes or more to load a page.

OP
OP
bstone

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
It's still happening. I just got a "server busy" message trying to load this thread. Please fix?

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
been back to normal for me for a few days.

i was told it was some sort of corruption in the database that had been corrected.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
It's still happening. I just got a "server busy" message trying to load this thread. Please fix?

There's been some issues lately with some of the servers upstream of us.

We can't always control connection issues with our forum from your end. Sometimes it's a database issue, and sometimes it's a connection issue. I'm still in the process of going through the entire database to see if the issue that KevD was having is present in any other accounts, but it takes time to go through 4500+ members.

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
Hmm 10:25 PM.. so thats how you spent New Years Eve. :p

But seriously.. we all appreciate the hard work you've been doing.. just don't let the site crash.. I'll go thru withdrawls.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
well it was fun while it lasted, but i guess we're back to the forum being all jacked up. four attempts to post this, server busy message, cant get into the chat.

matt/scott/et al: i wonder if this si connected to the issues last night?

Sasha

Forum Chief
well it was fun while it lasted, but i guess we're back to the forum being all jacked up. Four attempts to post this, server busy message, cant get into the chat.

Matt/scott/et al: I wonder if this si connected to the issues last night?

scott!?!?! His name is scott!?!?!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Omg did i just find out?!?!?!