September 11 Remembered

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Three years ago on this day, September 11, 2,973 people lost their lives in a series of terrorist attacks. During the collapse of the World Trade Center Towers, 343 FDNY rescue workers died, and during the next 24 hours, an additional 240 FDNY rescue workers sought emergency medical treatment.

Police officers, Firefighters, and Medics were among the first to respond to the disasters. Many gave their lives doing what they loved and believed in.

Whether we're in EMS, Firefighting, or any other public service, we have an awesome responsibility, but also the ability to affect others in the most profound manner. To all those who are in public service, I thank you for your dedication to a truly noble profession.

I hope all of you continue to do what you love, and remain safe wherever you may be.

Attachments

• iwo_9_11_final.jpe
    iwo_9_11_final.jpe
    99.5 KB · Views: 43

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
This is a pretty good video tribute but it's 19MB in size:

Stand Down

MariaCatEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Thank you so much, for the timely reminder that what we do, and who we do it for, matters. Someone, somewhere, someday......so many.......will be touched be EMS folks. I pray I can live up to the example set by those who went before us. I pray all of us stay safe, alive and well. May we all bring love and respect into our calling. ( 9/11 still makes me cry ) God bless all of you, and bring you home, every night.