SeniorCare Rejection

RookieEmt

Forum Probie
Just got an email stating we do not feel your qualifications meet our needs at this time. I was a leader in my EMT class. Is it this difficult to get into an EMS job? I've seen quite a few from my school in uniform already. Just my luck!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
You have 2 things going against you as far as jobs in EMS go:

You're an EMT.

You're a new EMT.

Go further in your education, don't just sit around hoping for a job. Something will pop up.

jemt

Forum Crew Member
Are you referring to seniorcare in NJ?

OP
OP
R

RookieEmt

Forum Probie
No, in NY. I applied to the BX but live in BK. Probably messed up the pre-hire assessment questions.

OP
OP
R

RookieEmt

Forum Probie
Another thing, the EMT training I attended was run by an ex-military man & was organized along those lines. Is the EMS world like this? I'm a former office worker & am used to rules and protocols but my guess is in this, there's just zero room for ANY error at all? I've heard ambulance companies will fire people for ANYTHING.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Another thing, the EMT training I attended was run by an ex-military man & was organized along those lines. Is the EMS world like this? I'm a former office worker & am used to rules and protocols but my guess is in this, there's just zero room for ANY error at all? I've heard ambulance companies will fire people for ANYTHING.

In general, no, most companies are not paramilitary.

Some companies may terminate employees for any reason, but most aren't going to terminate of small to moderate errors, especially with new hire employees. Major errors, especially of the kind where you should have known better just in general? Sure.

NepoZnati

Forum Crew Member
Yeah, that's correct... Company I am in will fire people for some stupid, lame reasons while keep others who do worst things. There is favoritism and there is bias. And all companies are same how I hear. Different uniforms but same issues. Once worst than other... They don't care much since there are always new EMTs coming at their doors. New hires are always paid less and they will follow every rule. People who are there for some time tend to "relax" those rules and stretch boundaries.