Seasoned EMS personel!

MkVity

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
Saw this today, gave me a chuckle ;) I'm sure some of us can relate :rolleyes:

1) The Ricky Rescue
This group is usually occupied by newcomers to the industry (but not always). They typically work a full-time job in EMS and volunteer for just about every agency in the region. Their days off are spent listening to scanner traffic and looking for new EMS decals to place on their personal vehicle. The following formula can be used to determine their years of service (which usually equals less than 3):
[Agencies worked / volunteered for] +[number of items on belt] – [number of stickers on personal vehicle] = [Years of service]

2) The Para-God
This group usually makes first responders sigh when their ambulance arrives on scene, and coworkers typically try to avoid working shifts with them. You don’t have to ask them how good they are at their job. All you have to do is stand within earshot for a short period of time and they’ll let you know. They are self-proclaimed know-it-alls and usually occupy the center of the medical universe. Their knowledge extends far beyond EMS. In fact, they are experts in home health, hospice care, emergency department management, law enforcement, fire suppression, and they’ve been known to even exceed the knowledge of ER physicians.

3) The Tornado
These medics usually kick up more dust on scene than the helicopters that they frequently launch. They are also known as the “spinners” of the industry. They have the ability to transform from a calm, collected individual at the station to a full-blown tropical storm of panic at the first sign of sick patients.

4) The “Been-There-Done-That”
These medics are usually the veterans of the industry. No matter what crazy call that you just ran, chances are, they’ve already run it and did so while climbing a hill barefoot in a snow-storm. They often remain silent around the station except when an opportunity arises to talk about how things used to be done.

5) The Short-Timer
Every EMS service has at least one of these. They are always just weeks away from leaving for something better. They’re either leaving in a few weeks to start work out of town, or they’re days away from being called for a fire job. Ironically, these people often stay longer than people in most of the other groups mentioned.

6) The Workhorse
This group can often be mistaken for the Ricky Rescues as they rival each other in the number of hours worked. However, the work-horses aren’t driven by adrenaline. They’re usually driven by either debt or the desire to make as much money as possible. They’re always the first to sign up for overtime shifts and every supervisor’s go-to man when someone calls in sick.

The Princess
7) Every service on the face of planet has at least a few of these. These are the medics who complain about everything from the work load to the living arrangements. The only way to keep this group happy is to pay them a lot of money, never make them run any calls, provide them with top-of-the-line furniture and never require them to complete any station duties. However, even if these stipulations are met, they may still complain about the resolution on the TV, the color of the flooring, and even the higher taxes on the massive paycheck they are receiving.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I saw this the other day, it was posted to Facebook. Pretty good list but they left a couple out. Only one that comes to mind is s**t magnet.

Angel

Paramedic
lol, im trying to figure out which one i am...the #5 maybe? I had a few short lived EMT jobs.

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
This made me lol

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
I used to be the workhorse; a little for the money, some because I like it and I always have worked hard and long hours.

I stopped taking every OT shift that came up, started only calling in for them at the 3rd page for help, or after 3 hours since first page. Still got more OT that anyone else. Had co workers get mad cause I was taking so much OT, and they never got any (one was yelling at me about it, until he said that he always turned off his pager at end of his shift and I walked away laughing).

Hit the point that work would page me for out of town runs, and tell me who my partner/s were; didn't even ask if I could work it.