Scenerio ; It's the big one !!!

OP
OP
C

certguy

Forum Captain
AT&T wiil also be sending teams , unknown ETA .
Army corps of engineers is also responding to assist with restoring water service . Unknown ETA .

OP
OP
C

certguy

Forum Captain
Sean don't forget you have rescue poppy to back you up as a dept. head . He was the former ops officer and would be a good resource for advice on where to deploy . Use him where you need him .

Good job , thanks for stepping up .

Rescue poppy - I got the change in ops and thanks for backing him up too .

IC

OP
OP
C

certguy

Forum Captain
Ops from fire suppresion - foursquare fire under control . Rescue is ongoing .

Ops from Rescue team 1 - need 4 hydraulic jacks or prybars , 8 cases of cribbing , and 6 additional c - spine sets .

seanm028

Forum Lieutenant
Copy Rescue Team 1, sending the towtruck companies with prybars, hydraulic jacks, etc. Sending a team out to scrounge for long pieces of wood or other stiff objects to use as backboards, along with duct tape and towels to stabilize people on the boards.

rescuepoppy

Forum Lieutenant
The Big One

Got busy for a while but am back to take whatever role is needed. Ops just point me in the direction you need.

OP
OP
C

certguy

Forum Captain
Wofford ops from IC - You have 10 helos inbound , ETA 30 min. Is the LZ up and running yet ?

I want a traffic pattern set up - inbound to LZ on pavement , outbound on dirt .

Get the red tags ready to transport to LZ .

I need your reccomendations on where to deploy the 2 USAR teams based on greatest need .

Notify your med staff the field hospital will be set up next to your treatment area .

Wofford logistics from IC - The first helos are inbound , get Ops fixed up with whatever he needs .

Caltrans will have the road open in 2 hours , convoys will be inbound .

New support camp for rescuers is going to be set up , location TBA .

1 field kitchen will go to campground , the other to basecamp .

Ops and Logistics , I'll need SITREPS ( situation reports ) from both of you to assist with briefing the new IC . Report all activities and resources .

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Wofford IC, Logistics.
I have your SITREP:

We currently have 120 non specialty volunteers, however, no current poll as to how many want to continue to be available to help out.

We have 1 MD, 2 RNs, 3 CNAs, 6 FFs and 3 retired FFs, 2 medics, 2 sheriff deputies, 4 WEMT, 3 large animal wranglers, 20 general construction workers and 4 tree trimmers, again, no poll.
That is a total of 168 volunteers.

We also have 2 back hoes, 1 dump truck, 1 utility truck, 2 cherry pickers, 3 buses, a motorhome a pickup truck, a ranch truck and a vintage fire engine.

Additionally, there are 16 river rafts.

We currently have ARC administrating our tent city, with Salvation Army working on keeping everyone fed as best they can.

Wofford Ops, Logistics, I've got a makeshift windsock for you, clobbered together out have a hanger and a shirt I happened to have in my car. Do you need it? I also managed to get some traffic cones out of the tree trimmers and the contractor, if you need them for the landing zone.

OP
OP
C

certguy

Forum Captain
Good job logistics . Remember , in the real thing you'd need a breakdown of who's committed and who's in staging . Everyone would need to be logged in also .

You would also want to include any anticipated needs .

By the way , I'm ex - CAP . PA wing 3 years in high school . I was on our ranger team ( ground S&R ) . That's what got me interested in EMS .

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Sorry, no anticipated needs at this time, depending on how long it'll take Edison to get the power back up and running to get gas out of the pumps. That's still my big need. Um, maybe ask for a tanker or two in the convoy, just to be safe?

I'm actually a little iffy on who's commited and who's not. Pretty sure all of our firefighters are, but, they can be pulled back when the relief gets here.

As to CAP, I do remember reading about you being an ex at some point. Should you ever get it into your head to join up again, please do, we need more ground people. And, please don't be intimidated if the local squadron's are Air only, join anyway, and get ground started there (unless they just want to have absolutely nothing to do with ground). Hey, should you want to move down south, we'd welcome you =o)

seanm028

Forum Lieutenant
The LZs are ready. We will designate the paved/dirt paths for each direction and make sure to have one or two non-specialty volunteers directing traffic and keeping people where they need to go.

Logistics, thanks for the windsock, please have someone set it up in a visible place in the LZ and make sure there's a flashlight underneath it during the night time.

I recommend that the USAR teams go to the remaining churches first. While they're doing that, could someone put together a prioritized list of where USAR should go next, based off of number of victims or the seriousness of their injuries?

Rescuepoppy, could you go to the med center and organize a quick re-triage? Red tags will need to be prepared for immediate transport. Check if any yellow tags have deteriorated to red tags, or if any red tags are now black tags, or that there are red tags who might actually be yellow or even green. We can only send those who really need it until those roads get up and running again. Also, notify the med center that the field hospital will be set up next to their current location.

piranah

Forum Captain
i have no experience with earth quakes but if i was IC...i guess i would set up a base area and use that as my aid station...i would send out two vehicles equipped with whatever med supplies available and the two medics w/ some vollys...including backboards and c collars...i would use the clinic as a more permenant "hospital" for critical PTs...the doctor and nurses and a few volunteers as staff.....all people who cannot help such as children and pregnant women or older folks should move to the campgrounds..there is bound to be a hall of some type.......the medically makeshift vehicles will transport people from outer positions to the aid station and be triaged, then from there they would move to the clinic if needed by buses taken from the rafter area... i will utilize any tents and heaters for my aid station and set up any construction lights for the station using the poles for recognition at night for anyone around seeking help....i will send a recon unit to determinr the fire station status and to gather supplies from there and any other place like a walmart,convenience storre for food and supplies....i would take one of the other busses and use it as a cammand center and have myself based there with all surrounding lighting running....

seanm028

Forum Lieutenant
Ops to IC, SITREP follows:

We have the LZ prepared. Traffic control has been implemented to ensure that ambos take the paved roads in and the dirt roads out. Volunteers will oversee traffic control.

USAR should be deployed to the churches, reassignment recommendations will be provided before they finish ops at the churches.

The med center has been notified of the incoming field hospital. Re-triaging is currently taking place, number of Pts currently unknown. Will advise soon.

The only additional resource I can think of to request at this time is more volunteers who are able to assist in USAR, in the less critical areas. Experience preferred, as well as light extrication tools.

piranah

Forum Captain
sorry guys I didnt mean to interupt... I didnt realize there was like 5 pages ...again I apologize

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Ops, how are the churches going? Is everyone out of there yet? If not, USAR needs to get to the churches and the board and care. Once those are cleared, then they'll probably need to go house by house. Just a guess, here.

seanm028

Forum Lieutenant
Ops, how are the churches going? Is everyone out of there yet? If not, USAR needs to get to the churches and the board and care. Once those are cleared, then they'll probably need to go house by house. Just a guess, here.

Foursquare church fire is under control with rescue ongoing, as per IC. If I recall correctly there are 2 or 3 other churches, and since they reported about 100 people in each church, I think USAR could be best utilized at the churches.

It would be nice if we could get some volunteers to do a quick search of the neighborhoods and prioritize them while USAR is at the churches, that way the professionals can focus on the houses that need professional help while the volunteers can do the more mundane work of basic search.

Anyone with more experience feel free to recommend a different deployment method for the USAR professionals.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Ops, the volunteers can only achieve anything if people are capable of communicating when they are called. Essentially we will be locating priority extrication locations, but, we can't clear any buildings. We do have dog teams inbound, some of them at least can be used to help clear areas.

seanm028

Forum Lieutenant
Copy. Once USAR finishes clearing the churches, logistics can send them where they're going to be most effective.