Scenario today.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I think you guys misunderstood him, I read that as they can request transport while refusing specific interventions. Just becuase they refuse specific interventions doesn't mean they are refusing to be transported.
This is definitely within the realm of possibilities. Someone wants transport w/o intervention (or even specific ones), I'll do that... especially if it's in the best interests of the patient and results in me NOT having to fight the patient...

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I think you guys misunderstood him, I read that as they can request transport while refusing specific interventions. Just becuase they refuse specific interventions doesn't mean they are refusing to be transported.

Yes that's what I meant, thanks for wording it better than I did. Obviously what makes perfect sense to me ends up as giberish on the page sometimes. Also why you see lots of edits on my post...:wacko:

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
It happens to all of us. Just the other day I was doing a 12 lead on a patient and I told her "This takes a bigger picture of your heart so we have a bigger picture".

*facepalm*

OP
OP
M

mc400

Forum Crew Member
Thank you for all of the comments guys I love the feedback. My BC who was there with us watching the rodeo knew the family and got further info. Pt Did not have a thoracic fracture it was a misdiagnosis along with the the perforated bowel. The bowel did have lots of fluid and inflgmation so it caused the misdiagnosis. He did however have a L-spine fracture. I am completelly comfortable with the call and decisions I made. I also learn a ton of info from this site and it points me to more and more things to read on.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Brown would not put a collar on him and if mum wanted to take him to the doctor or hospital she can have at it.

Brown would classify him as status three (no life threat and unlikey to change)