San Francisco jobs exist

cstiltzcook2

Forum Crew Member
I'd like to report that it is possible to get a job as a fresh EMT B in San Francisco. Got a job with a transport company within 45 days of completing EMT program. Thanks to all the members of EMTlife, you fed me in my quest. I start the big journey next week, can't wait. Happy New year and go Giants!!

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
I'd like to report that it is possible to get a job as a fresh EMT B in San Francisco. Got a job with a transport company within 45 days of completing EMT program. Thanks to all the members of EMTlife, you fed me in my quest. I start the big journey next week, can't wait. Happy New year and go Giants!!

Dont stop there, move on to Paramedic and get on a 911 truck. Further your education always and help people!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Dang... I live nearby and haven't gotten a job in over a half year, but I haven't tried applying in San Fransisco. I just tried only Alameda County and Santa Clara County, which have just been totally bombing.

I am jealous.

OP
OP
C

cstiltzcook2

Forum Crew Member
Yea, Pro Transport-1 is hiring basics. Application is online, fill it out and drop it at a station with resume, cover letter and all your certs. Online FEMA classes are required too, 100, 200, 700.

joncfinney

Forum Probie
thanks alot i will get my app in. How long does it take to get the 100,200 and 700 courses. can i take them online

OP
OP
C

cstiltzcook2

Forum Crew Member
yes they are online, free, and incredibly easy to fall asleep while completing. It took me about 8 hours altogether. I was shocked how slow it went, but the quizzes at the end were no picnic. My hope is that I can use it as CE. i wish you luck sir, don't wait to apply until you have finished them, get the interview and go from there.

joncfinney

Forum Probie
im gonna take them tonight. can you help me find the link to them? I am having trouble.

I found IS-100.b - Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100
but it is 100b is that the right one

joncfinney

Forum Probie
hey thanks. got them all done last night! whew! that was alot. I fill out my app and make copies of all my certs today.

Do you know any specific locations that have open positions. I dont really know how it all works.Thanks

jmejml

Forum Ride Along
Any current news on these topics?

I am soon to be getting certified and want to see if it is going to be easy or hard to find a job? I live in Sonoma County.

-Jamie