San Antonio, TX Companies

riverdude

Forum Ride Along
Hey all!
I'm moving to San Antonio in June and wanted to start applying to companies.
Does anyone know the IFT companies (or 9-11) in SA?

I'd prefer IFT's cause I like those better and sometimes the pay is a little better with those, but I don't mind 9-11 or CCT's either - i have about 4 mo. experience with all three. I'm an EMT-B and my National Reg is running out in a month, but my texas cert is good for another few years.

Thank you in advance for any advice given!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I know Acadian operates in SA... and from what I was told SAFD runs 911 in city. If oyu're a medic, Kendall County EMS is hiring from what I was told. Saw a couple other IFT trucks from companies that I can't remember when I was visitin my grandparents in Beorne.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I'll start by saying I work for Acadian. We are hiring now and may still be in June. Keep an eye on the openings posted at Acadian.com. Our pay is competitive with the others.

We do the county 911 along with running bls units for transfers so you have your choice of what to do.

There are probably a good 2 dozen or so private services in San Antonio.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I'm from SA too. The only two IFTs you should even bother with are Acadian (IFT and county 911) and Metro (IFT with tons of subcontracts). They both have their pros and cons, but overall good places to work (BY FAR the two best privates in the area, IMO). Pay is close to the same for both; $11-$12 for a basic, $15-16 for a Medic. Kendall County (NW of SA), Schertz EMS (NE of SA and one of mine :p ), and Bulverde-Spring Branch (N of SA) are the other main non-FD 911 services in the area.

OP
OP
R

riverdude

Forum Ride Along
Awesome! thank you all for the info! I'll start contacting those companies.

also, do ya'll know if i'll need to renew my national registry cert or are companies ok if i just have my Texas cert?

thanks again!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
You might also want to check out the Toyota plant on the southside of SA. Toyota has a great emergency response team and the pay (at least at the Indiana plant) was good.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Awesome! thank you all for the info! I'll start contacting those companies.

also, do ya'll know if i'll need to renew my national registry cert or are companies ok if i just have my Texas cert?

thanks again!

I've never been asked for my NR cert, Tx has always sufficed.

And yeah, Toyota is a pretty good place to go. Pay is good (don't know exact numbers for them) and they just recently went to 24/48s. Only downside is if you actually want to make runs, you'll be bored out of your mind =/ Lol

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
We don't require NR. Most of our medics have let it lapse and only have Texas certs. We do have the annual refreshers though so you can keep it current if you want.

Toyota is a boring place if you like doing any kind of patient care.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
We saw some pretty decent action at ours. But to be honest most was during the construction of the plant.