Sacramento EMS (Medic Ambulance, Norcal Ambulance)

tarocks

Forum Ride Along
Hey there, im a new EMT school graduate licensed to work in Sac CA! Currently trying to decide between positions at Medic Ambulance and Norcal Ambulance. Does anyone have any input as to how they made a decision between these two or if they've heard anything about these two companies?

supreme

Forum Crew Member
Hey there, im a new EMT school graduate licensed to work in Sac CA! Currently trying to decide between positions at Medic Ambulance and Norcal Ambulance. Does anyone have any input as to how they made a decision between these two or if they've heard anything about these two companies?
Medic Ambulance in Vallejo might allow you to work 911 after X amount of time

Otherwise both are just IFT companies. Medic Sac is different than Medic Vallejo

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Heya! I'm also in Sacramento. howdy!

I've heard good things about Norcal. Not too sure about Medic and like supreme there said, it's a different operation up here.

One thing that seems to be universal is "avoid SVA." I am not too sure why but that seems to be the consensus.

I see Pro Transport-1 around, AlphaOne (who seems to have a decent rep,) AMR of course, and America West in Elk Grove. I think there may be a couple others. All IFT though. 911 is Sac Fire or Sac Metro.

Things are different here, that's for sure.