S.T.A.B.L.E.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
As I am in the process of finishing up my AS I am also looking into additional “merit badge” courses to help pad my resume, not looking into quitting my current company however I always like to build and have a solid resume just in case.

While creating a, long, list of classes I want to take and certs I want to obtain I stumbled upon S.T.A.B.L.E.

Has anyone on here taken the course? If so was it worth it and would you recommend it to others to take? Or is it one of those courses where all the information is already covered in PALS/PEPP/NRP?

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I've only heard amazing things about that class. It is on my list of classes to take as well. Speaking of which I need to email my education manager.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
As I am in the process of finishing up my AS I am also looking into additional “merit badge” courses to help pad my resume, not looking into quitting my current company however I always like to build and have a solid resume just in case.

While creating a, long, list of classes I want to take and certs I want to obtain I stumbled upon S.T.A.B.L.E.

Has anyone on here taken the course? If so was it worth it and would you recommend it to others to take? Or is it one of those courses where all the information is already covered in PALS/PEPP/NRP?
Why are you leaving? I thought you’re on with AMC?

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
@DesertMedic66 Is this what you're referring to?
S.T.A.B.L.E. is the most widely distributed and implemented neonatal education program to focus exclusively on the post-resuscitation/pre-transport stabilization care of sick infants. Based on a mnemonic to optimize learning, retention and recall of information, S.T.A.B.L.E. stands for the six assessment and care modules in the program: Sugar, Temperature, Airway, Blood pressure, Lab work, and Emotional support. A seventh module, Quality Improvement stresses the professional responsibility of improving and evaluating care provided to sick infants.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I’ve taken it several times. It’s a good course. Covers the important basic aspects of neonatal care beyond resuscitation.

OP
OP
D

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
@DesertMedic66 Is this what you're referring to?
S.T.A.B.L.E. is the most widely distributed and implemented neonatal education program to focus exclusively on the post-resuscitation/pre-transport stabilization care of sick infants. Based on a mnemonic to optimize learning, retention and recall of information, S.T.A.B.L.E. stands for the six assessment and care modules in the program: Sugar, Temperature, Airway, Blood pressure, Lab work, and Emotional support. A seventh module, Quality Improvement stresses the professional responsibility of improving and evaluating care provided to sick infants.
That would be it.

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
I've taken it, I think that it is a great course. It fills the gap between resuscitation and tertiary management.