Russian first aid.

andrey

Forum Crew Member
I certainly understand, not a lot of Russian looks here, but maybe somebody.. that nevertheless is grazed here.welcome all who interesting in Russian ambulans.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Yes hello my name is Brown, I am one of the helicopter medical doctors (if only in my mind)

Do tell us how emergency ambulance services in Russia are in terms of skill levels, education, staffing, treatment modalities etc

Brown would be quite interested to find out.

Thanks

CAO

Forum Lieutenant
I'll second that. I'd love to hear about it.

OP
OP
A

andrey

Forum Crew Member
Our system is based on absence paramedics on line.
Doctors treat patients in some disasters.All of them with University formation.
They Estimate a condition of the patient and appoint treatment.
Paramedics help them with.
We have speciall Crews cardiologists,Intensive therapy doctors,ect.
If it is required Hospitalization doctor solves a problem.:)
Except for vodka,russian unshaven mans like to drink gin and temples ,like going to russian bath. :wacko: 2.jpg3.jpgi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CAO

Forum Lieutenant
So your paramedics play more of a doctor's assistant roll than an extension of the physician?

FrostbiteMedic

Forum Lieutenant

CAO

Forum Lieutenant
Haha, find a chance to learn about another culture. End up talking about what they drink.

Gotta love EMTLife.

FrostbiteMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Haha, find a chance to learn about another culture. End up talking about what they drink.

Gotta love EMTLife.
Yeah....But it may add to our awareness of how to treat inebriated individuals from these countries (or, more likely, new ways to inebriate ourselves) lol

OP
OP
A

andrey

Forum Crew Member
I do not think that our folk is always drunk ..inebriated.
Mistake to think like that.
But i can share by ways of rising inebriated up.

Foxbat

Forum Captain
Hi Andrey,
My name is Alex. I was born in Russia and my family moved to the US when I was a teenager; I volunteer here as an EMT.
If you read feldsher.ru or ambulances.ru, you might have seen my article about American EMS. When I have time, I would actually like to write something similar in English about Russian EMS.

One thing I wanted to mention, is that Russian feldschers are, in my opinion, closer to American PAs (physician assistants) then to American paramedics, because feldschers not only work on ambulances but also in hospitals.

Foxbat

Forum Captain
Yeah, but I can function on vodka...not sure about the other one...
Samogon is basically like American moonshine.

In all seriousness, though, Russians don't drink that much. If you look at WHO stats, Russia has 20th place by alcohol consumption. British, Irish, French, Swiss, and Germans, for example, drink more than Russians :)

OP
OP
A

andrey

Forum Crew Member
Yes! usually there I am.My avatar the same:rolleyes:
Привет, привет.It is very interesting to communicate some other peaple from over the world/:)
Mmmm...certanly i did not find paramedics equivalent in russian..in did.

El Russo

Forum Ride Along
Hello ya'll from Texas. And privet Andrey and Alex. I'm also a Russki who came to the states when I was 10 years old. I remember ambulances in Russia being staffed by doctors, and paramedic is the equivalet to the EMT-B there, which also takes two years of school to become. In defense of the US EMS system, it's still relatively new, as far as I understand Russian EMS system has been arround twice as long as the US counterpart. But it's moving towards the more education and training. Especialy witht the advent of Licensed Paramedic, CCEMTP certs, ACLS, PALS, etc. I think we might see something close to a 4 year degree in posibly 10 years or so. This in part might be due to Obama care where nothing gets paid for (lol) and the need to evaluate, treat, and release on scene might become a real option, rather then waste tax payers money to book a room in the Emergency Department.:ph34r:

sihi

Forum Probie
Hi!

As I know no paramedics in Russia, there are phisicians, feldsher's, nurses and just drivers in Rus ambulance.
Phisician team has nurse and driver
and feldsher team - feldsher + driver (+maybe second nurse/feldsher.)

Feldsher (chck Wikipedia) - they know medicine, they can diagnose/treat abdominal disorders, know EKG,.... but I believe they are not qualified in intensive care.
In rural regions come to "action" only feldsher, driver seats in the ambulance.
Ambulance is very Soviet style.