Rural Metro/ PMT/ Southwest : Arizona

Cali-emt

Forum Ride Along
Thanks for the scoop! Hope orientation goes well

azbrewcrew

Forum Crew Member
West Valley EMS bids are running in that 3-4 year seniority range and East Valley EMS is in the 2 year range currently.

MonkeySquasher

Forum Lieutenant
Glad to hear! I'm coming in with 3yrs and want East Valley, so hopefully that benefits me. (Too bad I left the company at one point, would be 7yrs. -_-)

Cali, are you in the orientation class starting Monday?

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
I just got my Az license a week and a half ago. I was really hoping to start out PT. I've heard that Southwest doesn't hire PT anymore, but PMT does. I'll have to see.
I've looked into applying for Lifeline in Prescott/Prescott Valley for reserves. I've heard it's a great company to work for. May be I'll try that until AMR gets here. (Wish they'd hurry up)
Any advice out there for PT?

OP
OP
WildlandEMT89

WildlandEMT89

Forum Lieutenant
AMR owns Lifeline in Prescott now but hires as reserves (mandatory availablility for 2 shifts a month). Our Southwest (Rural Metro) IAFF union currently has no contracts with the company and hasnt for several years so bid seniority is based solely on time with company and you are going to need close to a year to win a bid anywhere for EMS. Guardian ambulance in flagstaff is hiring reserves currently and if you want part time, you wont find a better company than guardian.