Rural Metro Milipitas, CA

HockeyFan62

Forum Probie
Hey everyone I seen Rural Metro is hiring for EMTs. I am going to apply but wanted to maybe get some insight on the company as far as hours, pay. I would be coming in from Modesto, CA. It's about a hour drive so just trying to see if it's worth it. Thanks in advance

stemi

Forum Crew Member
There was a huge thread here when they first opened up back in February earlier this year:

http://www.emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=28424

Massive openings and even more applications back in Feb. I applied but never got a call back. Im hoping I can reapply with better luck next time they open up some positions.

OP
OP
H

HockeyFan62

Forum Probie
Yeah I seen that thread and tried responding in it but it was so many days old and didn't let me. Sorry. I want to see how the people who got hired like it. Really interested in it.

JoDutton

Forum Ride Along
rural metro hiring

yeah, i got hired at rural metro. pay starts at 11.50 no experience. going through union talk/vote in the next week, so everybody is at each other's throats. might be a good time to apply

OP
OP
H

HockeyFan62

Forum Probie
yeah, i got hired at rural metro. pay starts at 11.50 no experience. going through union talk/vote in the next week, so everybody is at each other's throats. might be a good time to apply

Thanks for the information. Was your application like really short? I applied it just asked for my general info and that's it. How long did it take you to get a call back or hear something from them. What's their whole testing/interview process like.

JoDutton

Forum Ride Along
testing

my testing included 2 verbal ems questions, and the interview process was about 20 minutes. I was offered the job on the spot, it looked like there were about 10 people before and after me. good luck!

OP
OP
H

HockeyFan62

Forum Probie
my testing included 2 verbal ems questions, and the interview process was about 20 minutes. I was offered the job on the spot, it looked like there were about 10 people before and after me. good luck!

Were they scenario questions? Thank you for the information again. How long did it take to hear something from them?

JoDutton

Forum Ride Along
i was offered the job after the interview. yes, the questions were scenario based such as:

you show up, with an unresponsive person in bed, snoring, who had been out drinking the night before. how do you respond?

OP
OP
H

HockeyFan62

Forum Probie
i was offered the job after the interview. yes, the questions were scenario based such as:

you show up, with an unresponsive person in bed, snoring, who had been out drinking the night before. how do you respond?

Oh ok. Was your application short? I hope to hear back from them soon. Just turned it in a day ago. What is this whole union thing?