Rural/Metro cleaning house in LA County

OP
OP
NPO

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah I know. But if they have a full time opening they offer it.

emergency123

Forum Crew Member
LA County Licencing

So I see Gentle Ride Ambulance has been approved??? but before a hearing?? that has to be an error...:blush:

emergency123

Forum Crew Member
Gentle Ride Ambulance Licensing Status?

Im out of town and have heard nothing on the hearing status for Gentle Ride Ambulance? can anyone inform me on how they did??:unsure:

CURMUDGEON

Forum Probie
There was no reason not to approve them. There was no issue with their application.

Other than their 56 transports in December without proper licenses, in addition to numerous transports of patients that should have had 9-1-1 paramedic intervention. The lack of qualified management was examined as well.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Other than their 56 transports in December without proper licenses, in addition to numerous transports of patients that should have had 9-1-1 paramedic intervention. The lack of qualified management was examined as well.

Appeal officer don't really care about non license issue, both elite and med-life had that issue and both were approved. Also both had call that should gone to 911. The issue with Alpha was they could not appeal as result of being investigated/arrested for fraud.

OP
OP
NPO

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Med life and Royalty also had CCT prior to county approval. Its mentioned in Elites application. Not sure about MedLifes app.

CURMUDGEON

Forum Probie
Appeal officer don't really care about non license issue, both elite and med-life had that issue and both were approved. Also both had call that should gone to 911. The issue with Alpha was they could not appeal as result of being investigated/arrested for fraud.

Appeal Officer may not, but CMS requires providers to have all proper licenses for payment from Medicare. That'll be the next angle:

10.1.1 - The Vehicle
(Rev. 1, 10-01-03)
B3-2120.1.A, A3-3114.A, HO-236.1.A

Any vehicle used as an ambulance must be designed and equipped to respond to medical emergencies and, in nonemergency situations, be capable of transporting beneficiaries with acute medical conditions. The vehicle must comply with State or local laws governing the licensing and certification of an emergency medical transportation vehicle.
At a minimum, the ambulance must contain a stretcher, linens, emergency medical supplies, oxygen equipment, and other lifesaving emergency medical equipment and be equipped with emergency warning lights, sirens, and telecommunications equipment as required by State or local law. This should include, at a minimum, one 2-way voice radio or wireless telephone.

If the company isn't properly licensed, it's a false claim.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Appeal Officer may not, but CMS requires providers to have all proper licenses for payment from Medicare. That'll be the next angle:

10.1.1 - The Vehicle
(Rev. 1, 10-01-03)
B3-2120.1.A, A3-3114.A, HO-236.1.A

Any vehicle used as an ambulance must be designed and equipped to respond to medical emergencies and, in nonemergency situations, be capable of transporting beneficiaries with acute medical conditions. The vehicle must comply with State or local laws governing the licensing and certification of an emergency medical transportation vehicle.
At a minimum, the ambulance must contain a stretcher, linens, emergency medical supplies, oxygen equipment, and other lifesaving emergency medical equipment and be equipped with emergency warning lights, sirens, and telecommunications equipment as required by State or local law. This should include, at a minimum, one 2-way voice radio or wireless telephone.

If the company isn't properly licensed, it's a false claim.
It been like that for years, have CMS done anything about it? No.

Levi95

Forum Ride Along
Rural Metro

I work at Gentle Ride Ambulance and I know a few Bowers guys went to Gentle Ride Ambulance in Glendale. I know we are still hiring a few more people. Company is doing well and just go a couple more new Leader Ambulance Rigs due to slow expansion of the company.
**** gentle Ride. My first Ambulance job and I hated it there.