Forum Crew Member
For all my bowers homies

ptMJSJU.gif

OP
OP
NPO

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Haha thank you. I'm hoping to find another good job soon.

staedtler

Forum Ride Along
I used to work there; I didn't stick around long, too many headaches.

emergency123

Forum Crew Member
Rural Metro

I work at Gentle Ride Ambulance and I know a few Bowers guys went to Gentle Ride Ambulance in Glendale. I know we are still hiring a few more people. Company is doing well and just go a couple more new Leader Ambulance Rigs due to slow expansion of the company.

dhump4free

Forum Crew Member
A couple of the medics who were let go had interviews set up for them at PRN and Liberty by Bowers. From what it sounds like they tried to work with a lot of people to make sure they weren't just booted on the street.

Good luck NPO, I was pretty bummed to see a lot of my friends let go.

OP
OP
NPO

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks. Yeah I'm going to try for PRN. You won't see me at liberty. If I don't get picked up by prn or a couple other out of county options I may go to medic school. There is something called like the Workforce Improvement act or something that allows you to be on unemployment to attend medic school.

Gordoemt

Forum Lieutenant
Ya I got off this am and has seen the parking lot coned off in north hills for the job fair. Good luck and keep me posted bro

OP
OP
NPO

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
I interviewed today. The guy said he was recommending me as a yes for hire.

bbmtnbb

Forum Crew Member
Good luck NPO!!! I saw all the people at the job fair - a bunch - I felt so bad for you guys, sure hope a lot can get hired. I love working at PRN. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
NPO

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
CARE called and scheduled an interview. Its a lot further for me, but I want 911 experience before going to medic school, so they will be a contender..

OP
OP
NPO

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
I got am offer from PRN today. I am of course grateful for the offer and will take it if CARE does not make an offer soon.

However, I was a little taken aback when I saw they are only offering me the minimum on their EMT hire pay scale. I'm not saying im worth a lot more, but something more than minimum would have been nice.. With my ecperience it should be reasonable. I'm not new out of school and ive got a lot of EMT experience including first responder roles and instruction roles (including my promotion to FTO). Oh well. In this economy I'll take what I can get.

OP
OP
NPO

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
I havent heard from Care.... So...
I hope they call soon. I realllllly want to work there.

Rano Pano

Forum Lieutenant
I havent heard from Care.... So...
I hope they call soon. I realllllly want to work there.

What about one of the Los Angeles divisions of AMR? Might be a little bit further for you, but Irwindale should be hiring again in a couple of months. Just something to think about if you go with PRN, but prefer some 911 exp.

Hope things work out with CARE though.

OP
OP
NPO

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
I thought LACo AMR didn't have 911. Oh. Well Santa Clarita does I guess.

I think I have an app in, but I'll check.