Rural EMS Co's Prepare For New Rules

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Rural EMS Crews Fear Proposed Rules

CURT WOODWARD
Associated Press

CENTER, N.D. (AP) -- When there's a car crash or a heart attack near this rural town, the emergency medical technicians who rush to help are familiar faces from the high school, the county clerk's office and the coal mine.

The 17 members of the Center ambulance squad who serve nearly all of Oliver County are volunteers, much like most EMTs in the state.

And like many of their counterparts around the country, members of the Center squad are worried that proposed national standards could more than double the amount of training they must have and thin their ranks.

Whole Article HERE

it looks like they are talking about changing the NREMT / DOT curr. again.

IT would be NICE if the Feds MANDATED the SAME training and Certs for EVERYONE, but that won't happen.

Jon

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
NY State is stricter than NREMT. I've never known anything different - from day one I was told "this is what you do to become an EMT".

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I firmly believe in a national standard like the National Registry, but also agree with those states that have additional requirements.

I'm going to have to let my NR lapse because I don't have the time to do the live CEUs (opposed to video or online). I just hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the ***.