Routine, but not for me

harryb714

Forum Crew Member
You should see MA, 0 ride time and 0 ER time. I tried to get some ride time through my class. The owner said he would get back to me after I brought the documentation in. Never heard about it again...

My class required 4 hours ER and 8 hours Ambulance. Unfortunately the ambulance ride-along waiver stated "no direct patient contact" so not much opportunity for learning other than asking lots of questions between calls.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Technician ("EMT") requires maybe ~120 hours of operational exposure (or enough to get ~20 clinical journal entries which is usually ~10 shifts)

Paramedic requires 1,200 hours of integrated clinical exposure in addition to 2,400 hours of theory/lab

Intensive Care Paramedic requires an additional 700 hours as well as at least two years experience as a Paramedic

Gecko24

Forum Probie
Technician ("EMT") requires maybe ~120 hours of operational exposure (or enough to get ~20 clinical journal entries which is usually ~10 shifts)

Paramedic requires 1,200 hours of integrated clinical exposure in addition to 2,400 hours of theory/lab

Intensive Care Paramedic requires an additional 700 hours as well as at least two years experience as a Paramedic

That's about what my Paramedic training involved too, plus I had to buy lunch. Clinical was OB, Med Surg, OR, ER, and ride time. Christ I even had to learn to cath patients, that is urinary not cardiac.