Summit

Critical Crazy
nursing is about prioritization
icu benefits from a component of ocd
ed benefits from a component of add
there's different specialties that suit well to many personalities

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I just find that Nursing seems like it requires a certain mentality that I just cant see myself acquiring. Its hard to explain. I guess the best way to sum it up is that Nurses inherently have a tendency to treat every molehill like it's a mountain, which is the exact opposite of the mentality that Paramedics have. Nurses tend to be very fussy and particular, almost to the point of being OCD. If you have that mentality as a Paramedic you'd probably wind up having a stroke your first year.

Maybe because ICU nurses are with patient's long enough to see those molehills turn into a mountain. They may seem OCD re-taping the ETT/NG/etc until its perfect but what you don't see are the patients with horrific device related pressure ulcers that happen a lot quicker than you would expect. Or organizing and labeling various drips because accidentally pushing through the wrong port or mixing incompatible drips could kill the patient. There is a good reason to be that way as a nurse.

fullcodecpr

Forum Ride Along
Looking for some info for a buddy.

I've looked for a bridge programme in CA, but apparently there are none. However, aside from basic requirements for challenging the medic exam, could not find anything. The person in question is a Basic to RN to MICN (meets the requirements), but the information just isn't there. All I could find was out of state programmes.

Can someone please shed some light on the issue ?

Check out UCLA's program they had a course for this as it's possible through California title 22 for a RNto bridge to paramedic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Check out UCLA's program they had a course for this as it's possible through California title 22 for a RNto bridge to paramedic
That is who I was referring to when I mentioned DFI (Daniel Freeman Institute) to the OP. And yes, had. It appears to have gone the way of the dodo.