Reversed ortho static hypotension

Scmedic08

Forum Probie
has anyone heard of such? Background: 22yof c/c of dizziness and syncope while attempting to stand upright from a seated position at her residence x2 hours. Upon arrival, pt is caox3, adequate respirations and pale/dry skin. Only med hx of anemia which she refuses to take ferrous sulfate for. Denies and medication/drug use. V/S while lying down 90 systolic with a rate of 98 and second set obtained while standing 122 systolic with rate of 64. 12 lead shown sinus rhythm at 66 with no abnormalities. Physician stated that term and I have yet to find any information on it from google or this site. Just curious

OP
OP
Scmedic08

Scmedic08

Forum Probie
I appreciate it, that was a big brain fart on my part, his term just threw me off a bit

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
Totally normal compensatory response to going from supine/sitting to standing. Sympathetic increase in vasomotor tone and venous volume recruitment ending up in increased venous return, cardiac output and blood pressure. Would not call either pressure hyper or hypo tension

OP
OP
Scmedic08

Scmedic08

Forum Probie
Patient presentation threw me off a bit as I was expecting typical ortho findings due to S/S and wasn't advised of hx of anemia until mid-transport after she remembered. Just a moment of stupidity on my end. Humbling learning experience but thanks